Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a question about the rear window in a 90 bronco. the window will work with the key in the tailgate fine. it will not work with the dash switch i tested the volts on the 3 wires coming out of the body of the truck one has 11.5 all the time on has 11.5 when the up on the switch is pressed one has 11.5 when the down is pressed anyone have any idea as what the problem could be the tailgate came off a 96 bronco and i have by-passed the switch that does not allow you to roll the window up with the gate down. thanks

·
Registered
35 Posts
I looked at the diagrams in Haynes and it looks like your dash switch is working the way its supposed to. Should be a problem in the new tailgate switch. Is the Voltage from the dash switch getting to the tailgate switch? It should be because that is how the ground is supposed to get there for the tailgate switch when not using the dash. Did you change any wiring in the gate other than bypassing the latch switch?

·
Registered
315 Posts
the two switches work independently of eachother, so if the key switch works and the dash doesnt then it is not the latch mechanism.. my bets are on your in dash switch, mine you just have to push really hard ;)
unless you screwed something up when you bypassed the latch, cutting one of the wires from the dash or something...

do a search, this stuff has been talked about before

·
Ex Navy Nuke
5,420 Posts
I had the same problem in the past. It turned out to be the wiring going from the body to the tailgate. It gets pinched between the tailgate and the body over time. Two of the wires were cut and 2 were frayed. I spliced and repaired the wires and voila it worked great. Then of couse the window motor went out 2 days later. Oh well that was pretty easy too.

Well..... Good Luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts