Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Sway's jealous of my
2,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so last night I blew the yoke on the rear axle of my truck. It's not a FSB (sorry guys, someday ^_^). But I can't find the new yoke that I need anywhere. Not at the parts stores, or anything. My axle has a flange that comes off the pinion, and then I bolt the 4-bolt yoke to that, and the yoke connects to the U-joint, and then you have driveshaft. It is the yoke that I need. Anybody know how to find it? All I find is PN E6TZ 4851A listed for the 8.8 - not the style I need, that's the kind of yoke that requires U-bolts, which mine does not. Please somebody tell me you know what I'm talking about, what I need, anything.

·
Premium Member
2,178 Posts
That new of a vehicle, I would say you're going to have to go to the dealer.

·
Registered
213 Posts
If I am reading it right, I think you are looking for a piece that looks similar to this, right?

If so, then any decent driveshaft shop should either have it in stock, or at least be able to get it fairly quickly.
If you can't find it, let me know--I'm good friends with the owner of our local driveshaft shop, and can probably get it for you

·
Sway's jealous of my
2,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's a 1350 yoke I think, I already tried one of htem and had to get a 1335 (1330/1350 hybrid) U-joint. I was able to find another yoke on another 8.8 a buddy had. 2 new ujoints and that yoke, and we're in business. Now my problem is driveline vibration.

I have a very very minor constant vibration from my driveline now, which peaks quickly right about 20 mph, and falls off again. What could cause this?

Also, does the slipyoke have to go into the back of the transfer case in any exact way? I had to pull it to get the U-joint back in - could that cause my vibration?

When I blew it, it swung around under there for a couple seconds before I killed the truck and coasted into a parking spot. But if the driveshaft was bent or damaged, it would be a constant vibration getting worse as speed and rpm's rose for hte shaft, right? That's what I don't get...Any ideas?

·
Sway's jealous of my
2,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
F-series. Effer, sorry lol. Not a FSB. It's a Supercab Flareside. Halfton.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts