Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hello to all. It started with a rusty 78 bronco with a fresh rebuilt 351m. the guy found me an wanted me to take it home, but i had to many projects going on. my wife decided she wanted it so she bought the bronco . it sat in the yard for a year an we ended up going are separate ways. I had been paid to haul away 87 f-150 4x4 xtra cab. i got it running and ended up trading the ex for the bronco. I didnt tell her i already had a 4"lift a non rusty front clip and doors and set of 35's . I ended up blowing up the 9" couldn't afford to rebuild it, so i swapped in d-60 i had in the back yard . I put on rear disc brake kit from TSM inc and had to have a new driveline made. Well the more i worked on the bronco the more rust i found plus i had a flint stone floor boards,also the front frame horns had cracked and someone attempted to weld the cracks and made it worse . i found a good tub and frame so for the last few months i have been swapping things over . Yesterday i dropped the new tub on to the frame . i still have a ton of work to do . I have been taking lots of pics.

You can see them at 1978 Ford Bronco pictures at www.SuperMotors.net/21938

take a look an tell what you all think ! i am working on a real tight budget (lack of money) lol . i will keep adding pics. to supermotors as i get things put back together. I know its nothing super fancy, but its mine . i want to go wheeling ,tired of putting cars together, it got boring plus i am i into truck now . its time for me to stop typing now got to go work on the bronco now . so good bye for now:rockon

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i had just put the lift and tires on and wanted to see what it would do. now 4 years later it time to make it better and get rid of the rust . as for the pic of the bronco on the car, i ran a towing company and we took in junk cars for scrap so it was the perfect choice for trying to be a monster truck lol. i lived in one of those neighborhoods that hated the fact that i turned my wrenches and played with my projects. after i had driven up on the car i left the bronco up there for a couple of days so every one saw it

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thank you everyone. i just got done bolting the body down and mounting the explorer bucket seats . i was really amazed at how easy the seats lined up with the bronco holes .I used the explorer seat frame for the driver side i just had to elongate one of the back bolt holes on the frame. then i cut off the front mounting hole tabs and will weld to some plate steel to mount in front will have some pics soon of this again thanks:rockon

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well i have added more pics of putting in Mazda Navajo bucket seats . the passenger seat bolted right to the bronco base with no problems. The drivers seat needed a little modification. I used the Mazda base . I had to elongate both of the rear mounting holes and cut the front tabs completely off and fab up new front mounts. I also cleaned an painted the motor today and installed a 3g alternator . now that the seats fit with the broncos center console its time to clean the floor and put some kind of liner down .

·
Premium Member
919 Posts
i like the earlier grille on it

·
Premium Member
919 Posts
thank you BroncoAl , impalaslayer . i still got a lot of work to do and i'm working on a tight budget . to mount the older grill i had to drill 8 holes in the 78 radiator core support to mount the 74 headlight buckets
im probably partial to it since i have a 76 250

1 - 20 of 64 Posts