Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got the ring gear off. trying to get at the guts of the carrier. i know the roll pin supposed to tap out. looks like they're some small hollw pins that hold the roll pins in. maybe pressed in? how do i get these beasts out?:banghead:banghead:banghead.any input appreciated.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
never mind. i figure screw it, i'll use the full spool i have till i can get my 14 bolt. :thumbup

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sorry,thought i had something figured out.not that i was bieng impatient, just thought i had an alternative to rebuilding this carrier. spool not going to work. any help with splitting this carrier would be GREATLY appreciated. the limited slip mechanism is what fawked up on me. my plan was to split the carrier and order a lock rite for now to hold me over to my 14 bolt.

·
Thanks 351w500
5,447 Posts
If you have a LS carrier you cant put a lock rite in it, you will need an open carrier to do that. But for less then a new lock rite you can get a Detroit off ebay.

Did you split the carrier yet??

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no i'm gonna do the 14 bolt swap. i hate to put $$ in something i'm just gonna break again. i'm running 38.5's now and a stout 429, so its always gonna be a problem. it is a LS carrier, and i'd still like to know how to split it.just to see what i broke. i just hate to see the bronc on jackstands again :cry :doh0715:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts