Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, i can get the tires if i just can pick them out. I have an 89 XLT FSB. It has a 4-inch lift with 31's and 15 inch rims. Wow the 31's look TINY. So i didnt want to go 35's because i wasnt sure if there would be a lot of rubbing and such and i dont wanna cut my fenders, though i would trim my front bumper. So i figured 34's, but theres no such thing right?Ok, so metric, but i guess metric sizes dont fit on 15 inch rims, and i dont think im gonna change my rims. So that left me at 33's. I kinda eyed it and it seems 33's dont fill the wheel wells very much, but im not getting new rims for metric sizes. So will 35's fit OK? What EXACTLY would i have to cut and what kinda limitations will i get with 35's?

Any pictures of the 89 style, with 4-inch suspension lift, and 35's would be very helpful.

Thanks

·
Registered
8,386 Posts
Bonzai said:
hmm thats interesting, and a very fair price if they last somewhat. Ill def look into those, especially cosidering thats my rim size.

Im not quoting from experience, I'm just going by what I read by doing a search. I just wanted to to let you know that they were available, if you were interested in that size.

·
is FSB'd out
5,159 Posts
Super Swamper makes the TrXus MT's in a 34x12.50x15. Had a set of those in 35" and loved em.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Im runnin 35x12.50x15 on my 89 with a 3 inch body and only rub on the radius arms when its fully cranked. I would post pics but im not really sure how to. Go wiht 35's or else you will just want bigger after you get the 33's on:rockon

·
Registered
127 Posts
I have a 4 inch Rancho kit on my 96' and it will clear 35's but thats it, no turning radius, no flex, no nothing, they will pretty much just sit under it. I drive 33's on it everday and it looks great, i have some 34" LTB that i put on for the trail and theres no clearance issues except a little rubbing on my extended radius arms. But yeah, they are super gnarly and would wear out extremely fast on the street in everday driving situations.

·
Registered
9,894 Posts
Just go with 40's and cut anything you need to out of the way. :rockon

Just like stated before.. You should be good with 35's. Also if you get aftermarket wheels that are wider then stock it will shorten the tire a bit and make it fatter. :)

·
Back in TEXAS
1,966 Posts
Don't See why You shouldn't be able to run 35s with 4 inches lift. I currently have 32s and have seen 33s with no lift and no trimming. The only rubbing issue I have is radius arms at lock.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Spectre said:
Just go with 40's and cut anything you need to out of the way. :rockon
100% agree:pickle: :pickle:

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
im really thinkin of getting the 34 inch Super Swamper LTB's now. I dont do any freeway driving, just around town so will wear be a real problem? My friend has had TSL's(not sure which version) for 5 years and still has plenty of tread left and this is on a huge bronco that has been hardcore offroading, freeway, and now the daily driving.

·
RIP Spring Creek Off Road
6,012 Posts
you get more wear around town than from highway... if all we did was cruise down the highway cars and tires would last forever.... turning corners does it more than anything... especially with a heavy taller vehicle

don't have expierience with those tires myself

·
Registered
75 Posts
hey if you look up bronco freak and go to my garage you will see my bronco it has a 4"suspension lift and 35's only rubbing is on the radious arms

1 - 20 of 25 Posts