Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am about to lift my bronco 6 in. but i am unshure what brand of lift kit i should get. i would like one that rides good and also has good flex. but i am also on a bit of a budget. any sugestions.

·
IM FAT, YOUR UGLY!
3,783 Posts
Im gonna be the one to say this but not the only one to think it..

READ THE FREAKIN STICKIES!!!!! LOOK 2 INCHES UP ON THE FORUMS AND READ WHAT IT SAYS..

k thx ill stop yelling now..

btw.. Rancho is good kit for the budget type :D along with Rough Country..

·
Sayulita Layta!
6,826 Posts
Rancho only makes a 4" kit. You get what you pay for, so if you want good springs, and brackets get a quality brand (Rancho, BDS, Skyjacker).

·
Registered
13,883 Posts
I have had my Rough Country kit on my truck since 2004. Almost 4 years now. I have been very happy with it. No broken parts, rides good, allows enough flex. The only thing I would have done different is I would have saved a few more bucks for the new leafs instead of doing blocks in the rear.

As Stan said, you do get what you pay for, and Rough Country will remain high in my recommended list.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok first off i did read the stickie about the lifts. i did not see any thing about the quality of the lifts. so chill. sorry to come across with the attitude.

now i have heard several of my friends talk about pro comp. but i would like to know what yall think about them.

·
aka: kemicalburns
7,896 Posts
Im running a procomp stageII from 4wheelcustoms (vendor below). got a price i couldnt refuse shipped to my door. its been a great setup for me and i have beat it pretty good.

BDS is probably the best but you pay for it

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
not sure how many people here have them, but ive always heard that they are more show then go so to speak (though i may be thinking fabtech)

there is a used 6in lift for sale in the Bronco for sale section, go for that. Id try to get used to keep the cost down.

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
i am about to lift my bronco 6 in. but i am unshure what brand of lift kit i should get. i would like one that rides good and also has good flex. but i am also on a bit of a budget. any sugestions.
Sounds like what everyone wants...

But really, a big favorite here on FSB is Rough Country w/ AAL instead of blocks. You will find more people running that then most any other brand. Reasonably priced, good for moderate wheeling, and good customer service. That is the lift I am going to get when I come up with some flow.

BDS is expensive yes, but their warranty can't be beat. But yeah, like what the others said, you get what you pay for. I wouldn't swing for a used lift kit, personally. You never know how it was driven.

·
aka: kemicalburns
7,896 Posts
nothing wrong with used, just make sure its not cracked and you should be fine.

·
Registered
607 Posts
I am planning on the BDS 6" kit when money comes in! Putting a little towards it every paycheck! Have the tires, Needa lift now!

·
Registered
13,883 Posts
But really, a big favorite here on FSB is Rough Country w/ AAL instead of blocks. You will find more people running that then most any other brand. Reasonably priced, good for moderate wheeling, and good customer service. That is the lift I am going to get when I come up with some flow.
That is really all TTB lifts depending on what you are going to be doing. All of them are can be rough on your frame (etc). But as long as you are smart about it and dont try break it, then you are good. Like I have said a few posts up. RC has done me good. Almost 4 years now. and 2 of those years was a DD/weekend wheeler.

·
Premium Member
7,409 Posts
They're all about the same... I mean, how many times can companies re-invent the wheel? They all use the same metal, same design, same concepts, blah, blah, blah. 1/2 of the Rough Country parts that people get have Superlift part numbers stamped into them :scratchhe

·
MORTAL KOMBAAAAAAATTT!!!!
2,970 Posts
superlift has a cheap lift.

but a back yard sas could be cheaper

·
Sayulita Layta!
6,826 Posts
I have no experience with rough or tuff country (two different companies), but from what I have heard, they tend to be a little stiffer- stiffer means less flex and a harsher ride. Spend the extra money and get a good set of MONOTUBE shocks. Search on here for the shocks, shocksandsprings sells nice Bilsteins for a great price on ebay.

As for ProComp, I refuse to buy their stuff. I will shop at 4wheeparts but not buy "their" products. I know their AAL's are thick and thats not good.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
:stupid

:histerica

·
Registered
291 Posts
I am interested in this too.

I have my eyes on a RC 6" lift with everything on Ebay ($536.00). It is not expesive but it looks like a good kit. Comes with springs, drop brackets, drop radius arm brackets, 4 shocks, drop pitman arm, steering shock, blocks + add a leaf,extended brake lines and hardware. The only thing extra that I need are front and rear sway bar extentions. My extended cab is just my daily driver for work. A friend at work has a 97 F-250 with a 4" RC lift with a 3" body lift and 36" swampers as his daily driver for work.The fronts are leaf springs but still a TTB.

I guess if I do go with this kit I can upgrade later to the extended raduis arms if needed?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts