Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as the title implies, what shop and why? ones i have in the area are Sears, Les Schwab, and 4 Wheel Parts. Les schwab wanted $67-130, 4 Wheel Parts wanted $240 because of the TTB (smells like BS to me) and Sears wanted $74. I have replaced the axle pivot bushings, wheel bearings and seals, radius arm bushings, springs and shocks, and steering linkage. will any of these shops do a good job? do i need to pay 4 wheel that much?

·
aka: kemicalburns
7,878 Posts
talk to a few more offroad shops. either of those listed are a crap shoot in my opinion. i think you will find that sears wont even touch it but they wont tell you that until it shows up and gets on the rack wasting your time.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do I need Offroad shop to do an alignment though? I have taken vehicles to Les Schwab in the past and they have been ok, at least as far as i know.

·
Premium Member
3,990 Posts
The BEST in the NW is:

Ballard Frame & Axle
4912 Leary Ave NW
Seattle, WA 98107
(206) 783-7871

In Business Since 1948

Products & Services
  • Alignments
  • Axles
  • Ball Joints
  • Brake Service & Repair
  • Drive Shaft Repair
  • Maintenance
  • Steering System Service & Repair
  • Suspension Service & Repair

Specialties
  • Chassis Service
  • Frame Repair
  • Welding

Owner (Dean) has cured many problems for me in the past 23 years and assisted me with custom springs and steering. He is very reasonable and will align your lifted off-road vehicle perfectly. Local Ford Dealers take all of their problems vehicles to him. He perfectly aligned my brand new lifted Bronco when Palmers 4x4, Bear Alignment and Ford could not. The alignment is custom to your vehicle and not just to factory specs.

There is something to be said about finding an experienced privately owned alignment shop and avoiding the large commercial shops :thumbup

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
how much does he charge normally off the top your head? if he does it right i dont mind paying a bit more.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts