Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm thinking about selling my '80 Bronco and need some input about how much to ask for it. It has 5000 miles since rebuild on the 351M, Edelbrock Performer manifold, Holley 600 and runs well. Tail-gate is rust free. The interior needs new carpeting and work done to it. The body is pretty solid except for around the fender wells but I have fiberglassed and grinded out most of the rust. The paint job is pretty decent. It has 7" of lift and BFG Muds on it that are like new. I'm torn between keeping the truck or selling it. If I can't get $2000 something for it, I'll probably just keep it since I've got a fair amount in it already. Thanks for any help you can give.
Patrick

·
Registered
531 Posts
i think we need some pics!

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
that's a pretty mean looking truck. with a decent body, and a good drivetrain, and that lift/tires, you shouldn't have any issues getting 3 grand for it.

Just be sure of your decision, as you may regret it months down the line.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks! Yeah, I'm having very mixed emotions about selling it. It's been really good to me and I've had it for over ten years. The thought of getting antique tags for it and keeping it is definitely something I'm really considering. Especially since they don't make em anymore.

·
Yup, I'm fullsize....
1,797 Posts
If you are asking a forum to help you decide, then it sounds to me like you have already made your decision, you just want the forum to reaffirm you made the correct decision. If I were in your shoes, unles you really need the money I would hold on to it. With gas prices what they are and where they are heading, a FSB will nose dive in value since not too many people can (or want) to spend the money on gas.

If you really want to sell it, then clean it up, snap a bazilion pictures of almost everything and post it in the "broncos for sale" section. As for a selling price, start at like $4000 and see if there are any bites, if not then lower it. You can always lower the price, but you can't easily raise it.

Just my $0.02.

PS. KEEP IT!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sissy Honda ATVs? Ha ha! They've been good to me, like the truck. I'm definitely not selling them though!

·
Call Me Ace
1,951 Posts
id sell the atv's- keep the truck. its pretty sick looking dude- get those tags and a car cover
ace

·
Registered
410 Posts
What you gonna do with $2000 anyway? Buy a mountain bike? You've given us no reason to why you're thinking of selling it? Is your mortgage in forclosure or something? If not, keep it. No matter if you sold it for $2000, $3000 or $4000, the money will soon be spent and you will always miss the Bronco.

So to answer your question, price it at an amount that when 10 years from now, you can look back at it and not miss the Bronco because of the huge pile of money you got for it.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
My thought was to sell it and put the money towards a jet ski. After 11 years or so with the truck, I'm thinking that I won't sell. If I keep it, I think I'll add a set of boggers and some other goodies.

·
Call Me Ace
1,951 Posts
sell the atv's- get the jet ski...
you lose kool points and gain pansy points with the atv's.
you gain kool points and get ***** with the jetski.

if you want to go offroad...you hop in the bronco...
ace

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
To celebrate my decision to keep the Bronc I rebuilt the Holley when I got home. It fires right up and is running terrific! Can't sell the ATVs. I can go more places around here on the ATVs and if they break it's a lot easier to get em home. Still want the jet ski.
Pat

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
good choice, you won't regret it.

I've had my 86 mustang gt vert about ten years now, and every time I think about selling it, I get a wave of sentimentality.

After you and ten years of owning that truck, it would have been forever the one you had and let slip through your fingers.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks! Don't blame you for keeping the Stang. My buddy still has the one he bought in '88. He sold it to a friend, who added PD supercharger, and then bought it back in 91. He's added other goodies since and regularly races at the strip on Friday nights. It's ran a best of high 11s and runs low 12s all day long. Still very streetable. They're cool cars and easy to modify.

I feel pretty good about the decision and am already thinking about what I want to do to it next. Definitely need to do wheel bearings and brakes. Following this will be new front fenders and a carpet kit.
Patrick

1 - 20 of 25 Posts