Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a wild hair, trimmed the front of the frame and cut off the front exo to get a better approach angle. The stinger was a bit high :D

This is what I had:

What I got to work with after cutting off the old stuff:

What I have come-up with so far, very similar, but drop the stinger down
and increase it's angle, plus I'll plate the frame across the front at the angle it is trimmed too. With 42's I'll have almost a 90 degree approach angle. Compare to what I have drawn without the stinger.

No Stinger:
What do ya think?

Which do you like best and suggestions, ideas different from what I have to tie into the existing points, see the open end tube, two high and two low on each side????????

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am leaning towards this design. Added some details to the non stinger rebuild to protect the headlights, side corners, and winch:

·
Engineer
13,163 Posts
I like it without the stinger

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Without stinger. A stinger is out of place on a fullsize. Im still trying to figure out the front of my cage.

·
Premium Member
1,713 Posts
I like the new design. There is so little left of the Bronco you could almost just rebody it within the cage work. Nice rig.
Are you able to drive it on the street?

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This f'ugly thing is street legal in Colorado. The no stinger design will be employed.

Gack It was suggested that some matches and a few gallons of gas might "fix it" best on another site! BFD, I like it, it's mine and the exo works for the extreme trails I've done and more that I want to do.

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If it were I.. I'd scrap the remaining sheet metal and start building a buggy.
If I was to cut anymore sheet metal off the Carcass I couldn't weather it in and it takes me skiing. I'd rather start over with this running gear in a rock crawlin' chassis to loose all the weight, but I got to beat on this dead horse for a few years.

·
Administrator
22,838 Posts
I liked Clyde a lot better he was a Bronco. :rockon

Get a new body and be done with this foolishness. :beer
x2

This f'ugly thing is street legal in Colorado. The no stinger design will be employed.

Gack It was suggested that some matches and a few gallons of gas might "fix it" best on another site! BFD, I like it, it's mine and the exo works for the extreme trails I've done and more that I want to do.
pm me a paypal address and i will send over $20 to cover cost of gas/matches.

:goodfinge:goodfinge:goodfinge

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
even though the Carcass is ugly as sin! I like the stinger look...What GKR did on his truck was really, really nice! Do something ibetween...there i go sounding like a chick! Either way it think that your truck would look goofy and boring if you did a flat face(tube) front!

·
Premium Member
1,713 Posts
I wouldn't look bad if you would have left the outer body skins on, and were a little more careful in the trimming etc.

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It gets used and I don't care. I built it rough and F'Ugly. It's functional! I can't imagine a full exo with all the sheet metal in place, even if narrowed, it would weigh much more!

Not everyone can have one of these:goodfinge:histerica,

·
Registered
339 Posts
I like it better without the stinger, but why the bars above and below the headlights? Do you really run into things straight on that are high enough to hit there, and are too high for the bumper under the winch?

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
kill the stinger and add just a light bar...similar to what I did.
I got to get a closer look at your rig and good job rebuilding!

I like it better without the stinger, but why the bars above and below the headlights? Do you really run into things straight on that are high enough to hit there, and are too high for the bumper under the winch?
I may not go all the way across the front but feel I should protect the headlight/turn signal assembly at the front corners. I have smashed two of them to date.

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,025 Posts
I like it better without the hoop/stinger thing. But I would have just cut that off, period. The rest of the design was fine as is.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts