Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i dont got work today.. ill look for the instrutions on the carb.. maby thats outa tweak. my goal is to drive it to school before its out because all the doubts from the a holes who didnt think we can do it. What time will you be home?

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
I know you had it running b4 ok, but I still think you need to start with the basics and compression check it, then go from there. when I heard it running, it wasn't firing on all cylinders. Are you absolutely sure you're not one tooth off on that distributor?

·
Registered
137 Posts
We didn't mess with it Saturday, but did the engine run well in the donor vehicle?

If that's unknown then starting with the basics seems best.

If it did, dump the MSD ignition for a bit and go with the original distributor etc. Once there's a baseline, going with thoughtful modifications will prove beneficial.

Every time I've focused on one particular aspect and forgotten the whole picture my mechanical life was hell.

·
Administrator
2012 Jeep JKU
22,859 Posts
well here is what we found so far...compression test great across all eight cylinders...but we were using an adapter between the four barrel carb and two barrel manifold...and it looks like it doesnt line up real great...getting some huge vacumm leaks...couldnt pull more the 12 pounds...so we need to correct that before going any further.

·
Bronkin' 'Round!
88 351/AOD/4” ProComp 94 351/E4OD/4” Superlift
2,920 Posts
Ok. USE A 2-BBL or tell Kacy to save up the $213+tax for a real 4-Bbl manifold. That adaptor was spectre brand, wasn't it? Don't use a 4-bbl on a 2-bbl manifold, PERIOD!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts