Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in what I was hoping was the home stretch of my 302 rebuild but the damn thing will not start. After final assembly I powered it up and tried to start it however it wouldn't turn over so I replaced the starter and solenoid and it started trying to turn over but wouldn't start so I tried to manually turn the crank and felt too much resistance so I pulled the spark plugs and fuel came flowing out so I killed the power. I pulled out all the injectors and tested them they all had 14.4 Ohms of resistance and all had fuel in them and clicked and released it when jumped. So I checked and the 4 that were open shared a ground so I found the short and now the excessive fuel flow stopped. The crack was spinning freely before I put the spark plugs back in however now with the plugs back in it will no longer turn over. I'm wondering if I have to much compression or if anyone knows what the issue could be?

·
Registered
232 Posts
You can hydro lock an engine with fuel.
Maybe you got lucky and didn't bend any rods.
Pull the plugs again and check for more cylinders full of fuel. Drain the oil and check for fuel contamination. If you have a new cam, fuel in the oil could ruin the cam. When you get fresh oil in it be sure to re-prime the engine so you have good oil at the cam.
What are the specs on the engine?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
After draining 3-4 gallons of gas from the pan we started testing the electrical connections and realized the TPS and fuel rail connectors were swapped. Put them correct and she started right up. Only ran it for a minute because I haven't put the exhaust on yet but it sounds good so far.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts