Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone point me to a good remote oil filter setup for a 5.8. Mine doesn't use the factory oil cooler if that makes a difference. I'm tired of ALWAYS making a mess when changing the filter.

Thanks

·
Man of endless projects
9,394 Posts
most kits work fine but you may need longer hoses depending where you want to mount it. jsut make sure you have in and out correct. years ago i got a kit for my old 96 that had in and out labeled backwards. took me awhile of running no oil pressure before i realized the issue. engine didnt like it very much

on my current 96 i had a few hydrualic hoses and relocated it on the pasenger side front frame rail. makes it very easy to change and its pretty well protected. added a air cooler in fornt of radiator

·
Super Moderator
26,670 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Look up “form-a funnel”. I push it under the oil filter and put a pan under the end and loosen the oil filter. I started using it on a Miata which is impossible to not make a mess and it works out well. Using it on the Bronco now.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all, I appreciate the sugestions. Pics were real helpful Kingfish. How much more oil did that setup add, 1/2 quart? I also like the funnel idea as well. I did try that with an old metal funnel with a flexible hose but it was a pain. I may look into building something like you suggested.

Thanks

·
Registered
1982 Bronco XLT Lariat, 351W, C6; 1989 Bronco XLT, 302, AOD
195 Posts
Scott -

How much oil did this setup add to your normal oil change?

TB

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I haven't installed the remote filter yet, waiting until next oil change.

·
Utah Broncospeed
1996 Bronco XL, 5.0 (N), E40D, Autofab long travel susp, Race-Runners 2.5" res. (6), 35x12.50R15
186 Posts
My dual remote oil filter conversion on my '96 5.0 Broncospeed...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts