Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i was looking through a 66-77 bronco cataloge and saw these special hinges that make your doors removable. i would like to make my doors removable and was wondering if these brakets could somehow be used on my 96? I searched and it came up with how to make them removable but said nothing about these brakets.:toothless
Thanks

·
Try it now!!
9,122 Posts
Get replacement door hinge pins at Napa. Drill a hole in the point. Cut your existing hinge pins off. Put new ones in, use a cotter pin or hitch clip to secure them so they dont fall out. Done.

Its pretty sweet.

·
Try it now!!
9,122 Posts
less than 10 bucks. I dont know what hinges you are looking at. The Bronco doors are kinda heavy and the replacement hinge pins are a tight fit. So it takes some grunting to get it to line up and drop in. At least, for my 155 pound self it does.

If the hinges you are lookin at are better, get them. But for 10 bucks you can have removable doors from Napa.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Ok this is somewhat related. I didnt want to start a new thread.

If i were to take the doors off, i end up losing my side mirrors, making the vehicle no longer "street legal" in my state.

A lot of jeep guys are getting around this with mirrors that are designed to mount on the winshield hinges.

Obviously the windshield mount is not practical on the FSB's. Anyone out there get around this in any way? or seen it done?

I'm thinking of putting removable pins in the door hinges, so i can just take the pins out to remove the doors from the hinge. Maybe get some mirrors from the JY, and bolt/weld a "pin" on the mount so they slide into the door hinge?

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
i looking at different mirrors that will mount to the front fender. so the mirrors are not on the doors but are on the front fender. the stock 92+ electric mirror looks to be a good canidate as it held in by 2 bolts. or i been looking at a set of electrics from a F350. why not pull one hinge at a time and open the hole a size or two then the replacement hing willdrop in more easily or find a hitch pin close to the size and sand it or drill the hing to its size.....mike

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
Any one lookin for hinge pins, I found these on ebay for cheaper than local even with shipping. No parts stores local to me (Carquest Kragen Napa) could beat this guys prices. I'm orderin a set.

Florida Auto Fastener

Item # 220004244825 & # 320004144623

1 - 14 of 14 Posts