Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I know it is removable, but it could not have been a much dumber design to make it near impossible to get it out. Have to do a trans on my beater and am thinking of cutting the X-member in thirds and making brackets that bolt it back together on both sides. That way you can leave the edges bolted to the frame and the radius arm drops. Anyone done it..........

Or better yet, take another X-member and cut it wider so it overlaps. Hmmmmmmmmmmm...............

·
Registered
106 Posts
Are you insterested in doing custom x-member? I saw that Larston had done custom x-member that I may be copying here in the future. You may be on to something with using 2 to make 1 easy access x-member. I would Like to see what you come up with, though I am going to with new custom x-member because of doubler and have to clearance for driveshaft.

Thanks for the idea, may help out alot guys here.

·
www.easttn4x4.com
2,191 Posts
Rotate the front right corner to the front and the left rear corner to the rear. Then use a BFH to gently massage it out.

·
Registered
73 Posts
It can be pretty stubborn. The real problem I had was getting the bolts out. They drop in from the top, and there is not enough room to lift them out. The first time I cut holes in the floor board. That worked. :toothless The second time I used a pry bar to flex the floorboards up just enough to get the bolts out. After the bolts are out, do it like Gub-ni says. Its not that bad. I have dual pipes and they weren't in the way.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts