Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, i was wondering if any of u ever took off the running boards on ur bronco. ive taken off the mudflap thigns, just the step is left, what is holding it on, is it just the suport on the middle, or is there bolts all around. ive been thinking of just takeing a torch and cuttin it off and callin it good, or if someone could tell me well all the bolts are holding it on id appreicate it, theres some mud packed up by them so its hard to see where the bolts are, and i cant really take it to the car wash to wash it..its like 30 degress with snow on the ground. any helps appreciated.

·
Premium Member
4,161 Posts
Unless you can find the person who put then ON the truck in the first place to ask those questions..yr on yr own pal.

Every running boad kit I have seen uses a differnt mounting scheme..and then every one of those was installed by someon in their driveway..impossible to guess what yours is like.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hmm sounds fun, im thinking a cuttin torch may be in order, just get it as close to the body as i can without harming anything, might even make a good rocker panel protector..doubt it though...but they have to come off....i had the itch to go muddin so now there coverd in brown gooo..have to wait a week or 2 then go out to my uncles and torch them. i dont think any fuel lines would be in the way...if so...idk..maybe a cuttin wheel might be safer if theres some close...ill clean it first though and if i can see the bolts ill just do it that way..thanks for the input all.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hmm i might be able to, the boards are made out of diamond plate. idk how tough it would be, plus i dont got a sawzaw, my uncle might, i might have to try that once i wash the bronco, took it muddin yesterday, and when i parked it in my driveway there was some tranny fluid on the ground...im used to that happengin but it usally dont leak that much unless im on the highway, but the cold probly had somthing to do with it it was like 30 degress out, anywho ill see if i can find a sawzaw to use. thanks for the tip.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts