Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I searched and couldnt find anything on this topic, how hard is it to remove the body. I have a body i want to take off, keep the engine, tranny, t-case axles and bumpers is it just easier to take everything out and leave the frame and body attatched?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have a 83 rusted out, with the 9 inch rear axles and front axles, hubs were replaced before it died. I have a rebuilt head, but we went the cheap way and didnt rebuild the bottom there is a hole below a piston on the block. The only usable body parts is the hood, and top, and window. I have a 85 with a 8.8, distributor jumped it caught on fire almost have the head off to see if the blocks good. The body is in great shape i was going to try having 2 broncos making the 83 a trail rig, but i dont have the time or the paitence. Otherwise everything else is the same i just want to keep the tranny transfer case for if something happens on the 85. Keeping all the parts that i think i would need and have one less project taking up space.

·
penis
3,318 Posts
If it was me I was I would keep the rear end maybe switch em out tops are a dime a dozen but that is your call. Keeping what ever parts you want body wise no need to remove the body from the frame unless you are planning on keeping the frame. But no I would not remove the body.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i want the tranny, head, transfer case, front end, rearend, bumpers, basicly the body is a rust bucket and no good usable parts other then the hood. So that is why i was wondering about taking the body off. Which would be the quicker way to go about it. Thanks for the replies by the way.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts