Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

Ditch the back seat in favor of a fabbed utility box?

• Nah. It comes in handy for (let me know your deal below).

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • Sure. But, the toolbox better be friggin' sweet. Like TIG'd Tread Brite, or something.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
Well none of mine are a beautiful match like that one... but yea, that about covers needing a pickup bed. 馃嵒

Registered
鈥90 EB Full Custom build -Mega Truck Bogger
I went through hell to keep my back seat...(that no one may ever use again because of the roll cage)...but I鈥檓 still glad the option is there...

--------------
'96 XL EEC-V 347 E40D 1356 411 6" lift 35x12.50x15
I still have mine in for DD duty, you have seen it.
Rear riders are Rare but it keeps the groceries and stuff off the floor.
(Rubberized, No Carpet, gets hot..)

But when it's time to Wheel,,, Out it comes.
Then i "Load Forward" and tie down inboard of the rear axle for weight distribution,
Camp gear / coolers & stuff load rear as that is lighter and for easier access.

While not really worried about this, I just don't like the front Lifting
when out on trail where Traction is the name of the game.

Stay Safe up there man.
Dragon

Registered
He showed me a picture when I bought his trailer! No professional bodywork here, just spray paint, but this is the trailer I bought from him.
Super cool.... the young on that one is a bit longer than mine. But looks really nice behind your rig.... How did it pull for you? Any issues?

Registered
1979 Ranger XLT 400m T18
Super cool.... the young on that one is a bit longer than mine. But looks really nice behind your rig.... How did it pull for you? Any issues?
No it's perfect. He made it just the way I wanted it and it was worth the drive. I wanted a longer tongue because I'm thinking of putting a dirt bike rail across it. It is serendipity that he was selling it and I saw the ad since most people make much shorter tongues. I towed it back across Oregon, Idaho and Montana at non-California freeway speeds of 75-85mph the whole way. It tows amazing, better than any trailer I've had before. I think having real truck suspension in it makes a huge difference and the large tires keep the hubs cool. Only downside is it is HEAVY with that much frame and axle etc. still in it.

I've put a trailer hitch on the back to hold a bike rack so I can haul the kid's (who ride in my Bronco back seat) bikes when we're camping, and I picked up a sweet retro looking topper that I'm painting to match and it's going to be an awesome camping rig. I should have it mostly set up in a week or so and I'll start a thread or post in my build thread or something.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts