Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
UPS man finally brought my new Superior shift kit. Got the one with steel boost valve.

The instructions call for pump modifications in addition to the typical valve body mods (springs, etc). To do this, I'm assuming the tranny will have to come out so the pump can be removed. My back hurts already.

Question #1: For those that have done the superior kit, did you pull the tranny and do the pump modifications?

Question #2: Browsing around on the Lightning boards, the general suggestion seems to be to upgrade E4ODs to '95-up specs. Even the instructions reference '96-up differently for some parts. So does my tranny (which is a '96) fall into the category of the better design? How does this relate to the problems the earlier ones had with pump/lubrication issues? Does the '96 need the pump mods like the older ones?

Any heads up or info you guys can give me before I tear into this thing would be appreciated. It's looking like this is going to be a full tranny removal, and that is not fun at all.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts