Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I know I could find out for myself, but maybe you can save me the trouble.

The chrome trim around my windshield is dented and looking pretty bad. If I take it off, what's underneath? Will I have unpainted metal, or screw holes or anything to deal with?

Thanks.

-Darren

·
Registered
787 Posts
the chrome trim acts like a clamp to hold the windsheild in place. if u remove the chrome then u have just the glue holding on the windsheild
Completely not true!

The windshield is held in by the weatherstripping that runs around the windshield. Urethane adhesive sealant is also used to help seal it, and make a stronger bond between the body and the weatherstrip, and the windshield and weatherstrip.

To remove the trim head down to your local parts store, and ask them if they sell a trim removal tool. It's basicly a thin metal "hook" with a handle that you slide between the moulding and the weatherstrip and releases a little tab on the clips that hold the moulding in place.

You could also file down an old screwdriver to do the same thing, but you'd have to grind it pretty thin because the moulding is very easy to bend and crease.

If you take the moulding off it just looks really ugly. You'll just see the thick weatherstrip will all the moulding clips still in place.

-Paul

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Completely not true!
hey! hey! dont have to be all harsh like that...
i've removed my windshield twice and all i found was sealant glue and glass. there was no weatherstripping that runs around the windshield. maybe its a later bronco thing but i know what i was looking at.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts