Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm selling my jeep cherokee and the rear seats and cargo area have a lot of dog hair in the carpet. I've vacuumed and used a lint remover roller. It has made some progess, but I'd like to get more of it out?

Does anyone have any better / other methods?

Thanks.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are these different than regular dog hair brushes? I've tried using the brushes I use on my dogs (a regular brush and a shedding brush). Didn't seem to do much.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
I have seen them at my local Pet store, they SAY there made to remove pet hair from pile carpet, but don't know if there really any different. Never tried them. I have mostly hardwood floors in my house and my dog doesn't shed much anyway.

Edit: Did you try the HIGH suction vacuums like at a carwash while you brushed?? just an idea :shrug

·
Registered
222 Posts
What works good on my couch is 2 things
1 i bought a Bissell little green machine.
this is a power cleaner like you would use on you home carpet but in a small portable unit.

the cheeper way to go (if you can find one) is the lint brush. no the roller one, but the one that is red on the bottem (useualy red) like this one http://studioshowroom.com/b2b/p121.html but bigger. This is the type that one way removes lint and if you move it the other way it removed it from the brish. Works great, better than the roller.

·
scrounger extrordinaire
4,775 Posts
try a new wire brush. that may get down into the pile better, then you can vacuum after.:shrug

·
Registered
79 Posts
there is no way to get all the dog hair out enless you pull every strand with tweezers it gets weaved into the carpet i asked my detail guys about this before thats why if you bring in a vehicle with dog fur we would decrease the value of your trade.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts