Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just picked up a set of 5"x7" Alpine TypeS's for $90, and i need to know how to remove and reinstall the door panels. its on a 1989 Xlt bronco w/power windows

·
Registered
390 Posts
remove one philips head screw where the arm rest is and just pop of the panel.. be aware that you have to work around the top part where the window roles up and the door handle and also the wires for your power windows.. make sure you dont yank them off

also you might want to replace all the little snap deals just so your panels wont rattle like mine you can get them at autozone

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey thanks man. btw 5x7 id the right size right? because when the guy looked it up, it said 6x9 for the rear and i thought it was 5x7, so i only bought a pair for the front for now

·
Formerly vt89gtvert
2,425 Posts
IIRC my fronts are like 6.5ers. They are round I know that much. Either way you should be bale to make it work, and you will love the type S's. I have them all the way around in my Mustang and it is amazing how much better everything sounds. And that is in a vert.

Also reemmber you have to work the panel around the door handle as well. I know that sounds stupid, but I have seen people claim they can't get it off just for that reason.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Shallow 6.5" or 5.25" are the fronts (at least on my 86). When I installed my Alpine 6.5" components the spiders were too big so I had to jigsaw the hole bigger and drill new holes. You can probably make it work if you want to cut the doors some. There's plenty of room back there I think.

Again, I had to cut the rear mounting brackets a little and make an adapter to install 6x9's. The originals are something weird like 5x8 or something I'd never heard of like that. Granted that's my 86. Maybe 89's are different.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Shallow 6.5" or 5.25" are the fronts (at least on my 86). When I installed my Alpine 6.5" components the spiders were too big so I had to jigsaw the hole bigger and drill new holes. You can probably make it work if you want to cut the doors some. There's plenty of room back there I think.

Again, I had to cut the rear mounting brackets a little and make an adapter to install 6x9's. The originals are something weird like 5x8 or something I'd never heard of like that. Granted that's my 86. Maybe 89's are different.
I believe all bronco's came with 5.25 or 5.5 in front and 5x8 in rear. That's what was in my 80,89,93,96

·
The Thread Killer
3,212 Posts
Standard factory sizes are 6.5"s in the doors and 6x8"s in the rear.

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
i didnt remove the panel all the way, i just left it caught up on the door handle, but i still had a lot of room to remove and install the new speakers...so you dont have to take the panels all the way off.

·
Registered
133 Posts
my 86 is 6.5 in doors and not sure on back mine didnt have any so i made adapter out of wood same size as speaker grill carpted it made hole to fit another 6.5 in it .

1 - 13 of 13 Posts