Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Age. Fac ut gaudeam
3,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do I remove the entire rear quarter? As in, from the taillight up top b-pillar where it mates and mates with door jamb?

·
Registered
4,916 Posts
I remember a write up on replacing quarter panels, seems to me he started by removing the top and then using a spot weld cutter to remove all the spot welds.

·
Super Moderator
26,998 Posts
How do I remove the entire rear quarter? As in, from the taillight up top b-pillar where it mates and mates with door jamb?
yo
my pal Malcolm did his;
Replacement w/adhesive & Tips in an 86, including wheel house; "...did my quarters Thursday and two hours later I removed the clamps and grabbed the rear quarter top and shook the $h#t out of the truck with it. I'm a convert; Been out on the road already and even took some serious speed bumps at speed and no creaks, squeaks or groans..."
Source: by Sixlitre (Malcolm H, Eddie Bauer) at http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7712&pp=20&page=12

Replacement w/adhesive including inner wheel house in an 86
Source: by Sixlitre (Malcolm H, Eddie Bauer) at http://www.superford.org/registry/vehicles/detail.php?id=4970&s=19605#content

more LINKs in my site @ http://www.broncolinks.com/index.php?index=459

·
Super Moderator
26,998 Posts
Panel bond is awsome. I glued my glass quarters on with and it was worth every penny. Dont get suckerd into the special aplication gun though. I made my own duel plunger out of some tin pipe and properly sized washers.
yo JBfab,
THat would be a great Tech Article w/pics!
You would make the day for lots of folks and help them save $:thumbup

·
Age. Fac ut gaudeam
3,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you all very much! Ya'll are all very helpful! :thumbup

·
Registered
176 Posts
it certainly sucks! We just finished welding the second quarter back on mine tonight. There is an assload of spotwelds to drill out, make sure you pick up two spot weld bits for in case (when) you burn through the first

·
Local # 40 Boilermakers
15,785 Posts
After burning up the first one I went to using a step bit, then to fill the holes I just used a copper backing plate but brass would work too.

·
Age. Fac ut gaudeam
3,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
check out my rebuild below.
i did it.
how far is batesville from LR?

It takes an hour and half. Longer or shorter depending on your driving. Definitely checking your rebuild! I have the clip off for pulling the motor, the door was toast and I scrapped that. The quarter is all that is left to remove and then one tiny spot in the door jamb area needs smoothed. It's a slow process as I'm also repairing body damage on my Firebird (Should be done this week) and did full interior on it. Two projects pretty much haha... Not giving up though.. Can't... :beer

·
Super Moderator
26,998 Posts
yo,
For extended spot weld cutter life;
Rotabroach Stick Lubricant is specially formulated for use with Blair tools.
Increases tool life and cutting speed.
Apply directly to the tool before cutting. A waxy type lubricant that melts and provides lubrication to the cutting teeth.
or;
use a light machine oil, WD40, motor oil, etc... clean the area before installing new panel & painting etc.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts