Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Might be buying this POS but of all things, I’m really not a fan of those visors on the windshields. What’s involved in removing them, I presume they’re not just glued on are they? Am I gonna have holes in the roof after I take it off?

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
14,675 Posts
The bronco specific visors are getting rarer. Though an F-series one fits broncos pretty well. You will have 8 holes in the roof to fill. I literally just put one on my 85.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Not sure where you're located, hopefully california, but if you do end up taking it off, I'd be happy to take it off your hands.

·
Registered
1989 Bronco XLT 351W with C6, manual locking hubs. 6” suspension lift with 35” Cooper tires
839 Posts
I’m with you, I’m not a fan!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1991Bronco 5.8L, w/95frontclip, 6"Superlift/SuperRunner, Deaver J40 springs, 35x12.5 K&N, 3"Bassani
533 Posts
Honestly, I wasn't a big fan of them until I saw the one on @BigBlue 94 rig. I think it looks awesome on that rig and goes well with the fenders.
The visors definitely fit the lines of the Bullnose best.

Reactions: BigBlue 94

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
14,675 Posts
Honestly, I wasn't a big fan of them until I saw the one on @BigBlue 94 rig. I think it looks awesome on that rig and goes well with the fenders.
Thank you. I agree that they are not for everyone. And that they look best on the older rigs. Some trucks just cant pull it off! Lol

·
Registered
203 Posts
The bronco specific visors are getting rarer. Though an F-series one fits broncos pretty well. You will have 8 holes in the roof to fill. I literally just put one on my 85.
Funny that you say that.
I have an F series standard cab Lund Visor and it does NOT fit on a 92-96 Bronco because the roof lines are different.
Mine actually installs with 9 screws.
Some rigs pull the look off and others don't. Usually anything that resembles stock the visor looks out of place.

·
Addicted to Junk
14,675 Posts
Funny that you say that.
I have an F series standard cab Lund Visor and it does NOT fit on a 92-96 Bronco because the roof lines are different.
Mine actually installs with 9 screws.
Some rigs pull the look off and others don't. Usually anything that resembles stock the visor looks out of place.
Hmm funny you mention that, as i have a regular cab 96 sitting next to my bronco. Rooflines are clearly different. The one I installed came from a supercab pickup

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oh absolutely, I agree. They look reeeal good on the bull noses, especially if you do it right. But I’ve just never been a fan of the way they look on the 92-96’s, the trucks just aren’t bulky enough for em imo. But on a 78-86 yea those look the part

·
Registered
203 Posts
Hmm funny you mention that, as i have a regular cab 96 sitting next to my bronco. Rooflines are clearly different. The one I installed came from a supercab pickup
That makes sense. Broncos and Supercabs share the same (or similar) floor pan and seats too.
I wonder how many people buy their visor on ebay only to find out it doesn't fit the intended vehicle because all of the numb skull sellers state "F series and Bronco Lund visor"
Lund had something like 4 versions of the non lighted visor for OBS Fords and also included weather it had oem cab lights or not.
And I think they called the lighted Lund visor the "Moon Visor".

·
Premium Member
1991Bronco 5.8L, w/95frontclip, 6"Superlift/SuperRunner, Deaver J40 springs, 35x12.5 K&N, 3"Bassani
533 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Haha- they weren't that much new.
Plus you'd have hours into getting it ready for new paint.
I paid $50 for mine a couple years ago and I think that if you're patient you can get one today for less than $100

·
Addicted to Junk
14,675 Posts
I have three of these lund visors taken off trucks in the JY for about $15 bucks each.

I found some duplicolor wheel paint that matches my accent charcoal color. Scraped any loose paint, primed with a bonding primer, and painted it. Another hour could have been spent on bodywork but most of the visor isnt even seen.

Here ya go @BroncMom
20210408_073553.jpg

·
Addicted to Junk
14,675 Posts

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
Sweet Jeebus! And i thought the one 'Diesel Brothers' bought for 300 was outrageous...
Yeah, I found another one on Ebay, the Sun Visor edition, that was going for $350. I think, like our Broncos, accessories have gone through the roof.
Had I know rear speaker grilles were in short supply and hi demand I would have been stocking them up over the last 10 years.

Reactions: BigBlue 94
1 - 19 of 19 Posts