Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what type of product that would remove raddle can paint from a fiberglass top and want damage the fiberglass. I want to Durabak the top of my 78 bronco and want a good base to work with. Thanks

·
green ones make me horny
11,154 Posts
acetone might but i dont know what it will do to fiberglass. i would just sand it down.

·
3 wheeler
1,693 Posts
get some fiberglass paint remover. I got some at a sherwin williams paint store stuff works like a charm. Best paint remover I have every used. If it is rattle can paint then that stuff will come up super easy. Just use all the pre-cautions on the label cause that stuff will eat you up. Personally I durabaked a truck one time, I'm still not sure if i liked it. The product is great, went on good. But, it is rough and suprisingly not that easy to clean.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
nbaffs

Did you use the durabak on the outside or inside. They make smooth or rough texture with a UV protectent. What did you use. I'm going to use the smooth.

·
Chaos is coming!!
515 Posts
I would sand it down....if your going to refinish it, it will need to be sanded anyway. Then put a good sealer on it and finish coat it in whatever you want.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I wouldnt even go through all that trouble. I would just get another top. People are always looking to give one away! :thumbup

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
79f150

I located in springville,al 30 miles northeast of B'ham on I-59. What type of conditon is the top in. Mine is in good condition just the wrong color. Does your top have the sliding windows the top I have has the sliding windows.

·
Designated Tranny Killer
6,960 Posts
I'd say sand it

·
Lick my balls
13,029 Posts
Unless you painted it without sandind it, I wouldn't attempt to remove the paint that is there, just resand it and paint it again with what ever you want to use..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts