Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Thanks 351w500
5,447 Posts
Nope. you need to pull the axles to get it out. So lock outs,hubs/rotors,spindles need to be removed.

·
Side step it
1,583 Posts
Also if you haven't done this before, be very careful man! I had done it before and thought I was ready, but the silicone wouldn't budge till I almost completely pried it all the way around. It fell out and still left a 1/2" hole in the garage floor even though I had stuff on it to cushion the fall. Count your fingers before and after doing this....! haha :thumbup -Kevin-

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Yes.. Pull the drivers side ibeam off. The passenger axle will disconnect at the center slip joint. Once you do that you can pull the bolts holding the 3rd member in. The 2 big ones and the ones through the front. Pry it out away from the beam and at the same time sliding it away from the axle. This will leave the drivers side axle in the beam. Ive done this a bunch of times.

I've even gotten away with leaving the radius arm on with trucks that have extended arms.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alright thanks guys I'm just gonna dissassemble the whole thing. Taking the passenger side beam out would be way harder than dissassembling the whole thing.

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
Alright thanks guys I'm just gonna dissassemble the whole thing. Taking the passenger side beam out would be way harder than dissassembling the whole thing.
I would have to disagree, although I have never done it that way. And it's the drivers side that you will want to "remove". I've never done this but it sounds like a great way to do it. Probably going to want a helper but it's way easier (at least it sounds easier) than taking the whole thing apart. Believe me I've torn down my share of TTB axles. I wish I had thought of hokies idea years ago.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts