Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched and found no one really mentioning removing body side molding. I am certain on a 96 that the side trim is just double sided tape. Is this correct?

·
Registered
331 Posts
it is on my 90.. well the trim isnt there but the goo that held it on still is... hopefully goo be gone will get that crap off...

·
Registered
473 Posts
The trim on mine was held on with double sided tape. The badges as well, but they also have two pin holes that line the badge up that would have to be welded or bondo'ed shut if you remove them.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yes its on with tape only...that is if you are talking about that horizontal trim on the lower portion of the doors and panels. Just get a hair dryer and remove when its hot. Get a flat screwdriver or scraper and carefully pull the molding and scrape the tape. You can clean off the rest carefully with paint thinner. I just did this on my 96, didn't like it either.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Yea, mine had two strips of double sided tape, I took all the trim off and i still have the tape along the side of my truck, I need to find something to get it off.
Before i took it off, someone said to use WD 40, but that didnt work.
Im gonna try the hair dryer since the above poster just mentioned it. Hope it works

·
Registered
496 Posts
it is on my 90.. well the trim isnt there but the goo that held it on still is... hopefully goo be gone will get that crap off...
Yea, mine had two strips of double sided tape, I took all the trim off and i still have the tape along the side of my truck, I need to find something to get it off.
Before i took it off, someone said to use WD 40, but that didnt work.
Im gonna try the hair dryer since the above poster just mentioned it. Hope it works
try using some Acetone to get the tape/goo off

1 - 8 of 8 Posts