Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am tring to remove my dash to paint it and do some work behind it. I got all the bolts out but came across this pressed piece of metal and dont know how to get the dash off with it there. Here it is.

I couldnt get the camera to focus but here is an upclose pic of it

· Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well pretty much what i did was move my way around the edge and gave it a wiggle just to see where the next attachment is. And not it seems like everything will shake freely except for right there. But ill be sure to look at that tomorrow and maybe I can get that out.

· Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well my dash is perfectly fine Not cracks or anything. This is just my learning truck. I am learning how to do everything on this. I just wanted to fabricate a dash. I understand its not practical but something I want to do. So do you have any suggestions how to do it?

· Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I weld with a tig, i have done some upholstery on my brothers boat. I have worked with sheetmetal on various projects on my buddies cars. I'm not going into this as a complete noob. I honestly think it wouldnt be too terribly tricky. But why do you seem to oppose so much? I'm sure you see something i dont. I'm just tring to make up my mind

· Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well the main reason i want to do it is because. I can give it my own touch. Its another thing that I can put my hands on and put my own style into it. I can have more options for ac vents. I have more options for storage spaces. I have more options for my guage cluster. I dont mean to keep shutting your advice down. I understand its going to be much more simple to put the old one back in there. Also behind the dash was a completely mess. Someone did a hack job with the wiring. But in order to build a dash. How would you support it steve?

· Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ok guys. Instead of opinions of what you think about the idea. Can we throw up some ideas about how to secure it. Thats all. Let me worry about if i am going to hit a metal dash. I just want to hear some ideas about securing it to the body or frame.

· Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
alright thanks guys. I'll see what i can do and post plenty of pics.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.