• Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What repair manual do you recommend for 89 Bronco with 302 motor? Chilton? Haynes?

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
36,039 Posts
Both are garbage for anything beyond the absolute basics. They copy bod information off each other too... like recommending timing set at 10 ATDC, instead of BTDC. Ford Manual is the way to go if you plan on owning it for any real length of time. You can get digital copies for a decent price or pay through the nose like I did to get a hardcopy set.

·
Super Moderator
24,965 Posts
Yo Eddie,
Here are the 1989 Ford Bronco & F150 EVTM, Emissions & Pre-Delivery Manuals, Partial via mrnewland1 in Google Drive @
1989 Service manual - Google Drive
Slow scrolling so download for the table of contents, etc.

1989 Bronco Dealer Brochure @ 1989 Ford Bronco

1989 Bronco Lubricant Specifications by Ford via Gary @ Lubricant Specifications

Free registration for some wiring diagrams (86 through 96) and Technical Service Bulletins, (80 through 96), same as by Ford @ BBB Industries- Premium Alternators, Starters, Power Steering Products | TSB's & Wiring Diagrams

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
12,304 Posts
Haynes and Chilton are owned by the same company, and the info in both is nearly identical. I have one or the other for every vehicle I own. Great to have, but should always be double checked, for reasons said by Pepe.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Haynes and Chilton are owned by the same company, and the info in both is nearly identical. I have one or the other for every vehicle I own. Great to have, but should always be double checked, for reasons said by Pepe.
Beat me to it BigBlue and I'll add they don't have the information in them they used to either.

Checking engine codes - none of that in there any more.

Service Manuals are the way to go. Picked my '93 copy up on CD from Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/PICKUP-FACTORY-REPAIR-SERVICE-MANUAL/dp/B00KAFJGNM

Wish I could find a digital copy of the '93 emissions manual.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts