Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My stockers are kinda rusty but still have their shape. Seems to me like it would be cheaper to strip them and repaint them, no? I read about some Naval Jelly on here.

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,736 Posts
It'd probably be more cost-effective to just replace them. That rust appears to be deep, so it's going to require quite a bit of metal removal, thus leaving the bumper less than flat.

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
Looks like it's time for new bumpers

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I thought about it. They're steel. They're supposed to get messed up. I just repainted them.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
I dont know about you, but that would be a PERFECT reason to justify me spending a few good bucks on a real bad ass bumper! I would get a bumper that would make the ricers soil their car seat when they see it closing in on their trunk lid!!!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I see what you're saying about the bumper replacement but I'm not too keen on those monster bumpers. I prefer the stock look. Besides, the money I have laying around is going towards a ZF swap...much more beneficial to me than an exterior modification.

·
Yup, I'm fullsize....
1,798 Posts
351 said:
I see what you're saying about the bumper replacement but I'm not too keen on those monster bumpers. I prefer the stock look. Besides, the money I have laying around is going towards a ZF swap...much more beneficial to me than an exterior modification.
I was going to agree with everyone else, but if I had to chose between replacing bumper vs. ZF swap, the ZF swap would win every time (unles I already had a ZF installed).

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
unixdude said:
I was going to agree with everyone else, but if I had to chose between replacing bumper vs. ZF swap, the ZF swap would win every time (unles I already had a ZF installed).
Or you could get the best of both worlds, build your own bumpers and do the ZF swap... that's what I'm doing. 2 bumpers done and a ZF sitting on the garage floor.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They really didn't turn out too bad and I would love to get rid of this damn E4OD as soon as possible.

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
Looks like they should have been sand blasted or at least sanded first

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Um...yeah...they're steel bumpers. They're meant to hit stuff. For $10 and an afternoon, I'm satisfied. Not trying to win World of Wheels or anything.

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
ToddACimer said:
Looks like they should have been sand blasted or at least sanded first
Todd, you beat me to it.. I was gonna suggest sandblasting then painting, would have looked like a new bumper when he was done.

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
Repost... took the click twice..

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The right side of the rear is pushed in from some parking lot incident and I had to JB weld the rear license plate light in place since the bumper was rusted through. Once funds allow and all my important stuff is done, I'll replace 'em.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts