Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i recently replaced the engine wiring harne to the ecu from one from picknpull. it was it great shape and i looked it over and rewrapped it. i replaced my fuel injectors and the harness for them along with replacing the engine harness. Now i have no fuel getting to the engine and no power to the plug to read codes. Has anyone had this problem or a wiring genius? im certain all the plugs are in but dont know where to start. thanks

·
Registered
199 Posts
i recently replaced the engine wiring harne to the ecu from one from picknpull. it was it great shape and i looked it over and rewrapped it. i replaced my fuel injectors and the harness for them along with replacing the engine harness. Now i have no fuel getting to the engine and no power to the plug to read codes. Has anyone had this problem or a wiring genius? im certain all the plugs are in but dont know where to start. thanks
Was the one you pulled the same year/engine? Everything grounded properly? Is your ECC fried? Why did you recently replace your 25 year old wiring harness with another 25 year old wiring harness?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Was the one you pulled the same year/engine? Everything grounded properly? Is your ECC fried? Why did you recently replace your 25 year old wiring harness with another 25 year old wiring harness?
As far as i can tell everything is grounded right. there is one wire i wasnt sure about but on my old harness it was just grounded. On the junkyard harness it was not grounded anywhere. they are both 86 harnesses for the 302. The reason i used a junkyard harness is the fact that i am not rich. My harness was trashed from the PO. The new one looked immaculate. The whole bronco was clean, shame it was in the junkyard

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
The self test plug is usually on the same circuit as the cigar lighter. Check for power there, and that the fuse is good.

You may want to check to be sure that the fuseable links are good that are in that harness (if there are any), and the fuseable links that are attached to the fender mounted starter relay.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
As far as i can tell everything is grounded right. there is one wire i wasnt sure about but on my old harness it was just grounded. On the junkyard harness it was not grounded anywhere. they are both 86 harnesses for the 302. The reason i used a junkyard harness is the fact that i am not rich. My harness was trashed from the PO. The new one looked immaculate. The whole bronco was clean, shame it was in the junkyard
86 is a standalone harness. so check the relays make sure they are getting power(fuel, ecc), and pins 20,40,and 60 are grounded, pins 1 for 12v

http://www.fordfuelinjection.com/truckpinouts.html

also you say the harness is good, but i would check it and trace all the wires with a volt meter, ive pulled 2 of the harness from an 86 and they always seem to be dried up and brittle

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No luck yet. The haynes manual diagrams are kind of confusing to me. Is there a diagram for key on engine off that shjows what should have power and what shouldnt?

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
should be a brown relay(that gets key on i believe) to turn on the ecu and the green(fuel pump) get triggered by ecu to get turned on, so you can try jumpering both and sees what happens.

if you got the old harness lay it out on the ground and label all the plugs, and there should be 1 or 2 plugs left that actually go to the truck. i know 2 ring loops go to the battery side of the starter relay if i remember right(been about 3 or 4 years since i tried to get that harness to work on a project of mine) and they have fuesable links on them if i remember right.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts