Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I read most of the threads on here about which shocks to purchase and I bought The Bilstein B46-1328 shocks. I intsalled the two rear and the two behind the front axle and I was about to install the two in front of the axle but they are too short to reach. My Bronco does not have a lift kit and has the standard suspension, so I took the shocks back to autozone where they informed me that I would have to raise the front axle to get them on, so I did and I got them on, but I noticed that the two behind the axle seemed really compressed more than normal. Well I drove it home on Sunday with only 4 shocks and it was a 120% improvement over the still factory ones on there. But yesterday after installing the other two, man it rode like junk, I felt like I was in a low rider with Hyrolics I was bouncing all over the place. Autozone said I needed B46-1328 for both front and rear of the front axle. Can anyone please verify if this is correct, I just dont believe it is. Thanks for the help.

·
Premium Member
1987 Bronco 351W, C6
1,338 Posts
uh, no. Autozone is worthless, I am done buying parts from them. You have to have longer shocks for the front quad mount on the front axle. I recently went through this with Summit and some ProComp shocks.

·
green ones make me horny
11,135 Posts
You should never have to raise the axle to install shocks. they should fit right with the truck on the ground. you need longer ones man so the work the way they are supposed too

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone for the help, I called Bilstein to verify with them and the correct part number for the auxillary shock is B46-1616-H0. Thanks again for the help.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Forgive me but which one is the auxiliary shock, the one in front or behind the front tire?

·
Registered
311 Posts
Well I read most of the threads on here about which shocks to purchase and I bought The Bilstein B46-1328 shocks. I intsalled the two rear and the two behind the front axle and I was about to install the two in front of the axle but they are too short to reach. My Bronco does not have a lift kit and has the standard suspension, so I took the shocks back to autozone where they informed me that I would have to raise the front axle to get them on, so I did and I got them on, but I noticed that the two behind the axle seemed really compressed more than normal. Well I drove it home on Sunday with only 4 shocks and it was a 120% improvement over the still factory ones on there. But yesterday after installing the other two, man it rode like junk, I felt like I was in a low rider with Hyrolics I was bouncing all over the place. Autozone said I needed B46-1328 for both front and rear of the front axle. Can anyone please verify if this is correct, I just dont believe it is. Thanks for the help.
Autozone told you to raise the axle to get them on??? Has he heard of this very very well kept secret called wheel travel? You should take your old shocks back to Autoretards and beat that guy with em.:twak:twak:twak:twak:twak

1 - 9 of 9 Posts