Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
w/ rubber hose and steel slugs. now motor isnt turning @ all....

the window motor was working fine ( besides the torque pins slipping) and now that i've got it all back together, you cant even hear it turning.....

What gives?

Thanks
Tris

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
are you testing with the door open? the safety latch might not be adjusted correctly. the motor should work fine with or without the pins. fast check use a volt meter to see if power is going to the motor whenyou select a direction. Look at the wire between the gate and drivers side bed rail. sometimes the wires like to break from the bending.......mike

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well wires arent broken anywhere, i'm gonna throw and voltometer on there to see if she's getting juice......
Also even with the window all the way down the handle wont open the tail gate.... I can see where its bent. Is there a simple fix to this or am i going to need to replace all the metal arms....
Tris

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
is the arm bent or the long "J" hook that detects if the window is all the way down out of adjustment. it is a basic simple system but it does have issues. have you pushed hard on the driver side of the gate and see if the window moves? i bet the safety latch is not working correctly. (main reaso i bypassed mine. i do no have any pictures of mine and just the latch on goodle, steve83 has some pictures on his site...mike

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Threw a voltometer on there and Its getting power!

Also I had one of the guys at my shop push on the door as hard as he could and it still didnt make it work....

The problem is i dont even hear the motor trying to turn or anything, maybe just all the moving around made it die....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.