Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've gotten my hands on a "working" 4WABS computer I am going to install. Since the original has never worked I have the module bypassed to get signal to the E4OD. If I'm going in to undo the bypass to test out the replacement 4WABS, I'm wondering if there is a way to run the 4WABS like the RABS wiring so when the 4WABS fails (assuming this one works) the signal will still get to the PSOM? If this is the case then is it also worth putting a kill switch in to disable the 4WABS (assuming I'd be able to get the VSS signal to the PSOM in both scenarios)?

Does the 4WABS rely on the return signal from the PSOM? If I were to terminate 491 and connect it to a split 519? I guess it all depends on what the 4WABS requires for inputs (21, 14/1?).

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I decided to install a couple of connectors on the vss wires and colour code the sets before they reach the 4WABS. If this module goes I can just plug the connectors direct from VSS to the PSOM without any interference.

·
Super Moderator
25,306 Posts
Yo Chris,
Sorry, I didn't get an opp to see your post.
I
GL!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Seems to be working well. I've test driven with the wiring running through the 4WABS and with the connectors bypassing the 4WABS.

ABS light is still on but with this new module the PSOM is getting the signal.
I'll have to check for codes (last module I couldn't get any codes no matter how many times I tried).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts