Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm waiting on a new quarter panel to get here for the right (passenger) side of my 91. Since the spare tire carrier is mounted to that side I was wondering if it might be stengthend in some way differently than the left side since it carries the extra weight. Anyone ever had to modify/strengthen an aftermarket quarter panel in order for it to carry the weight...or can it just be installed and used the way it is?

Viffer...

·
Registered
111 Posts
The passenger side panel comes in two part #'s, one if you have a spare carrier and one if you don't. Of course the part for the carrier is supposed to be internally braced to support the extra weight but you might be able to beaf it up some.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
UNDRH2O said:
The passenger side panel comes in two part #'s, one if you have a spare carrier and one if you don't. Of course the part for the carrier is supposed to be internally braced to support the extra weight but you might be able to beaf it up some.
Thanks for the info UNDRH20. Btw, your profile mentions a 2.5 inch RC lift on your 95. Is it body or suspension? I have a set of 33's on my now, and would not mind getting a little more clearance out of it.

·
Registered
111 Posts
It's the 2.5" suspension lift from Rough Country w/rear blocks. You have the option to buy rear springs but I figured I didn't need them. Go here if you need their link. :thumbup

1 - 4 of 4 Posts