Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys and gals... Its been a while since I last logged on here but I have run into a problem I need opinions about. So my radiator has been leaking bad so I took my truck to the shop today and they said the lower part of the my radiator is ready to fall out. So what should I replace it with? The shop wanted to charge me 700 to replace it with a brass set up but I found a HD aluminum one at the auto parts store for 150 its a 2 core. Well I guess to the point now. What would you all recommend? Should I look into a brass one or should I go with the HD one at ORileys. Any advice would be appreciated..

:red x

·
Registered
27 Posts
i work at o'rielly and i'v never had someone complain about the radiators we sell. i know not very helpful but i thought i would just throw it out there.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks. it actually does kinda help. cause the dude at the shop was trying to convince me that the plastic parts on it werent good. but thank you

·
Registered
408 Posts
thanks. it actually does kinda help. cause the dude at the shop was trying to convince me that the plastic parts on it werent good. but thank you
I think I payed like 150 for my rad from advance auto parts. It was thicker that OEM and had better fins too. If you aren't abusing your truck and run a good fan then the stock style HD rad will do just fine.

By abusing I mean towing more than you should in hot hot weather at 10mph with low coolant and a broken fan.:rofl:

·
Thanks 351w500
5,446 Posts
I don't think there would be any reason for you to spend 700 that's a little outrageous. Get the 150 one you should be fine with it.

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,734 Posts
Make certain it's American (at least NORTH American) made and not some chinese junk. Otherwise, you'll be doing this all over again within a couple of years.

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
I bought my Heavy Duty Rebuilt Radiator at a local radiator shop I trust, for $100. It even has the Ford Oval on it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts