Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hydrolocked my motor and bought a 351w out of a 95 f150, I know there changes I have to make since my bronco is an 88... But what are they?

·
Registered
278 Posts
I hydrolocked my motor and bought a 351w out of a 95 f150, I know there changes I have to make since my bronco is an 88... But what are they?
I swapped in a 95 into my 88 and didn't make any changes.....:shrug
You're going to swap longblocks....not intakes/exhausts etc.

We stripped the new motor down to the heads and dropped it in. Re-bolted all the old stuff to it and it runs like new.

YMMV

Dan

·
aka: kemicalburns
7,824 Posts
you will need to use your 88 dizzy but get the cam gear from the 95 dizzy swapped onto it. this is because of the roller cam in that 95 motor.

Or you can just use the 95 dizzy and relocate your tfi module to the fender like the 95 f150/bronco would have had it. Just done use your 88 dizzy with its stock gear.

·
Registered
9,896 Posts
Lemme tell ya something.. Listen to Kemicalburns. He's the master at this subject.. Helped me do a 96 motor into an 87. :thumbup

·
aka: kemicalburns
7,824 Posts
the 89 5.0 should have the tfi module on the dizzy as does the 86 5.0. so in this case you could and should stick with the 89 dizzy.

it wasnt until the 92 i think when the tfi module got relocated to the fenderwell.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts