Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
negative creep
8,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am replacing the coolant tank on my bronco cause it leaks and is full of shit that i'm tired of trying to get out of the plastic. i'm gonna just get a JAZ one, but i can't figure out which one. do i need a recovery or overflow tank? don't they do the same thing?

would adding 2 of the 1 quart bottles to my system help with heat control at all? like if i ran an over flow full that then filled the recovery tank? that seems like a pretty ideal setup.

or go full gonzo and get the 1 gallon model? doesn't all that water add extra water to your system that has to circulate?

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
It doesn't circulate through the system, it just contains the water that comes out of the radiator due to expansion when hot, and replenishes the water when cooled down. It will also burp the air from the system.
I think the overflow tank is used for an old style radiator that didn't have a tank, just an overflow hose. Many track rules require a tank to contain an overflow to keep the track clean and dry so companies make those for people needing to fit the rules. I believe you would want the recovery tank since your radiator has that system from the factory.

And no, going bigger won't have any affect on engine cooling. Just get one sized close to what your factory tank is.

·
negative creep
8,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cool thanks for the help mike. makes sense just wanted to double check before i wasted a bunch of money.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts