Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
843 Posts
yep...should work! Here is some advice that I have shared (nd used) numerous times before (if you plan on replacing the door by yourself). Pull the truck into the garage open the door and bunge cord it to the rafters with two good bunge cords (this will lend you an extra set of hands). Remove pins/hinges. Pull truck out, get ladder and lower the door down to the ground. Strap up the new doors to the rafters at the correct height. The door shouldn't be that heavy where you could'nt do this part yourself also. Pull the truck in and start attaching pins/hinges to the truck...viola!!!!

By the way this method works excellent for replacing worn hinge pins too!!

Just some helpful hints!

·
Banned
19,707 Posts
Any '80-96 door will work, but '87-91 is easiest.

The hard part (regardless of year) will be aligning the door to the body & strike.

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
Hey steve, I thought there was a diffrence in the doors from 93+? I could be wrong, but when I had to replace the door on my father n laws 96 f-250 I had a good door from my 90 f-150 that looked close but didnt look like it would work.

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
I'll be damned..I could have saved myself a trip and a speeding ticket.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
if i get a door off of an f-150 does it already have to be set up for power windows and locks since i still want to have them or can i put my interior panel and the power window and lock stuff on the replacement door?

·
Banned
19,707 Posts
BBXLT
The difference is the vent window. You can use the newer vent with an older door panel, but if you want the '92-up panel AND you want the vent to open, you have to use a '92-up vent window. There are also minor differences in the inner skin where the armrest support attaches. The width (front-to-back) of the main window changed in '87, but that's easy to work around, and it has NO effect on the door.

BD
If the donor door doesn't have your accessories, you just swap them in.

·
Practicing Infidel
15,308 Posts
Xris said:
yep...should work! Here is some advice that I have shared (nd used) numerous times before (if you plan on replacing the door by yourself). Pull the truck into the garage open the door and bunge cord it to the rafters with two good bunge cords (this will lend you an extra set of hands). Remove pins/hinges. Pull truck out, get ladder and lower the door down to the ground. Strap up the new doors to the rafters at the correct height. The door shouldn't be that heavy where you could'nt do this part yourself also. Pull the truck in and start attaching pins/hinges to the truck...viola!!!!

Just some helpful hints!
Ahh ha ! So it was you Xris !

You were the one who tipped me off to do that right ? I'd been telling someone else about your method and wishing I could remember who told me so I could thank y'all. You're damned right it worked. Here's the old one coming off using your method;

and here's the new one going on. For Dan's info the green masking tape ensures nuthin' gits scraped or chipped;

Thanks again for the tip Xris. Dan this works great. I hung the door with no help from anyone else, all by mysef' ! Like Xris says, it works well for the pin changes too.

Here's my door change thread, with pics;

http://www.supermotors.org/vehicles/registry/detail.php?id=4970&s=17415#content

Sixlitre

p.s./
Better be gettin' that used door real cheap as I scored this whole door shell, brand new, for @ $120.00 American.

·
Administrator
22,857 Posts
Xris said:

Just some helpful hints!
thats an excelent idea...assuming your bronko fits in the garage...other wise you can also use a floor jack to help line up the door.

·
Practicing Infidel
15,308 Posts
redwagon said:
thats an excelent idea...assuming your bronko fits in the garage...other wise you can also use a floor jack to help line up the door.
If it won't fit in the garage, just whip down to the nearest construction site and borrow the sky hook to attach the bungee cords to:toothless

Sixlitre

1 - 17 of 17 Posts