Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sup Guys?!
I need to replace my L/S clutches in my 8.8. I've searched and looked in Steve83's and Bobba Louey's links and can't find any info or a write up on how to replace these.
Also, I have read that it is best to use the Mustang clutch kit from Steeda, any input on that?

·
Registered
2006 Lincoln Navigator
1,599 Posts
You should broaden your search criteria. Replacing the clutches is easy. I highly suggest using the Ford Racing Kevlar clutch kit.

·
Premium Member
3,944 Posts
use ford racing clutch's for there limited slip. i think they are kevlar, really strong alittle pricey but worth every penny. just my 2cents

·
Registered
172 Posts
Yep and change the stacking order of the clutches by alternating steel/clutch/steel/clutch and so on. You'll have the tightest LS you can get. My advice is to go to a mustang site and search how to rebuild LS.

·
Premium Member
5,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the Info!
I've searched a few Ford Racing parts sites and have found carbon fiber clutches for about 120 bucks. Nothing with the Kelvar material. Isn't Kelvar a carbon fiber material?

·
Premium Member
5,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the Info!
I've searched a few Ford Racing parts sites and have found carbon fiber clutches for about 120 bucks. Nothing with the Kelvar material. Isn't Kelvar a carbon fiber material?

·
Registered
2006 Lincoln Navigator
1,599 Posts
Thanks for the Info!
My mistake...carbon fiber clutch kit. That is what you are looking for.

·
Man of endless projects
9,483 Posts
jsut dont forget the friction modifier additive when you do it. i hated doing my clutches in my 96. it was a pain in the ass getting the S spring thing back in. my LS ate threw my clutches like crazy and i dont really mud that truck. id be on my 3rd set of clutches this year alone if i didnt decide to go to open instead. when i had a differential shop do them the first time they only lasted 4 months till they were soo worn out that they made the C-clips randomly fall out and kill the spider gears

·
I did all for the Nookie
7,270 Posts
We did them in the exploerer and the spring was a major pain.

·
Registered
216 Posts
a trick i used on the s-spring was to compress it a bit in a vise and then use 1 or 2 hose clamps(bent slightly to conform to rectangular shape) and use the clamps to hold the spring compressed till you install,probably will need to re-position clamps a bit outwards as you insert it in housing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts