Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to replace my radiator on my 90 fsb. 5.0 from a 93. Would think the heavy duty cooling radiator would be better than reg size. Any issues with being too cool?

·
Premium Member
5,396 Posts
I am looking to replace my radiator on my 90 fsb. 5.0 from a 93. Would think the heavy duty cooling radiator would be better than reg size. Any issues with being too cool?
you have a thermostat to keep the engine from running "too cool"

there is no downside whatsoever to having a larger radiator. i always buy the biggest one i can get.

·
Registered
710 Posts
yep, what those fella's said...

get the biggest one you can stuff in there! If your truck runs too cool... flip your thermostat around... (it means you had it in backwards) don't ask how i know that... remember, the spring part goes towards the engine :toothless

I restore cars so I definitely know better, but I put it in like the old one came out just out of sheer stupidity or intoxication, then ran around with a piece of cardboard in front of my radiator to keep the truck warm enough to run the heater.... Only figured it out when someone asked me if I had it in right. I said " of course, i'm no f*ing idiot".... :toothless

just thought I would share

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,736 Posts
As long as it's US-made, it's hard to go wrong these days.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts