Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For all you "haters" out there....this doesn't sound very much like "a couple of four bangers fighting against each other," at least not to me :thumbup

My Truck.

Alternative Link (supermotors is down apparently)
Bronco
Edit #2, Supermotors is back up

I'll try to get a better one tommorow, it was way windy and I shifted RIGHT when I past the camera..

·
Registered
952 Posts
Damn man, that sound great. When you say "true duals" does this mean you have mufflers also with the glasspacks? Or are you just running dual 2.5 pipe into glasspacks?

Asking this question for my brother, because he wants to get glasspacks on his bronco(his 92).

Tom

·
Registered
772 Posts
Im surprised by the way it sounds. Sounds real good :thumbup

·
Registered
6,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. Laner, the mufflers ARE the glasspacks, I'm running 2.5" pipe from the manifolds down to two glasspacks (in a sort of horizontal tandem) and turndowns right before the axle. You can see a picture of it in my superford page (just go back to the Exhaust folder)

·
The Anti Yam!
22,674 Posts
Super moters is down so I cant listen :cry

But it probably sounds very similer to my 72 C-10 wich runs dual strait pipe all the way back to the back bumper. It gets a poping kinda cackle to it at any real RPMs. Thats the sound that im talking about. Some people like it, heck I like on my C-10. Some people dont, I would never want my Mustang to sound that way.

I'm not sure where the "two 4-bangers fighting" thing came from. Wouldn't that be the soundtrack to "2-fast and2-Furiouse". :toothless

But your system would sound verry diferant and perform much better with a balance pipe.

·
Registered
6,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gacknar said:
Super moters is down so I cant listen :cry

But it probably sounds very similer to my 72 C-10 wich runs dual strait pipe all the way back to the back bumper. It gets a poping kinda cackle to it at any real RPMs. Thats the sound that im talking about. Some people like it, heck I like on my C-10. Some people dont, I would never want my Mustang to sound that way.

I'm not sure where the "two 4-bangers fighting" thing came from. Wouldn't that be the soundtrack to "2-fast and2-Furiouse". :toothless

But your system would sound verry diferant and perform much better with a balance pipe.
I don't know if you could tell a difference in performance, and you're probably right on the sound, but I'm content with it and I don't think I want to try to take my exhaust apart to add a little pipe :toothless

·
Registered
6,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Try this link:

Bronco

Warning: It's a hot link, you'll be prompted for a download.

·
The Anti Yam!
22,674 Posts
Super moters is back up :thumbup

Yup sounds like my C-10, high rpm cackle/popgun sound.
It's not a bad sound, sorta 60's muscle carish.
On an older vehichle I like it.

But It's not the sound I am going for.

And yes, a properly placed and sized balance pipe would make a diferance. Weather or not you would notice it on your stock engine is a diferant story. But on a deep breathing engine it makes a diferance.

·
Registered
6,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Gacknar said:
Super moters is back up :thumbup

Yup sounds like my C-10, high rpm cackle/popgun sound.
It's not a bad sound, sorta 60's muscle carish.
On an older vehichle I like it.

But It's not the sound I am going for.

And yes, a properly placed and sized balance pipe would make a diferance. Weather or not you would notice it on your stock engine is a diferant story. But on a deep breathing engine it makes a diferance.
True that. I was wondering if I could just do something like this:

Where you cut like 2/3 of half of the pipe off and weld it to a twin, then weld that into place before the muffs?

·
The Anti Yam!
22,674 Posts
-Spazmatic- said:
True that. I was wondering if I could just do something like this:Where you cut like 2/3 of half of the pipe off and weld it to a twin, then weld that into place before the muffs?
If your happy with it, then I wouldn't change it at all :shrug

But if you want one that is not the way to go.

The pipe has to be located at the right spot and be the right size to work right.

·
Registered
6,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Gacknar said:
If your happy with it, then I wouldn't change it at all :shrug

But if you want one that is not the way to go.

The pipe has to be located at the right spot and be the right size to work right.
Oh. I didn't know that. I just thought it had to intersect somewhere.

Gack-> :twak <-Me

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
I have true duals headers to glasspacks out behind rear wheels. Old hacked ass exhaust that sounds cool. No popping or cackling, deep rasp. Im gonna go get the right headers and 40 series flows and turndowns. I cant stand the sound of new glasspacks.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts