Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
501 - 520 of 554 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,567 Posts
Did they have to do anything on bores/pistons?

·
ate lug
88 + 96 broncos, 96 F250
9,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #503 ·
Blocked honed up just fine. New rings; pistons & rods are ok. New cam. And all new bearings of course. Using the crank out of the other block, which only needed a polish, so im back to stock size bearings. Im ditching the oil cooler and going to install a Ford Performance 90º oil filter adapter, since i cant come up with a way to flush the oil cooler + block adapter, and be able to prove they are 100% cleaned of foreign material.

·
ate lug
88 + 96 broncos, 96 F250
9,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #505 ·

Heads on, valvetrain done!

unfortunately, i cracked my timing cover this morning :eek: Had to order a new one from Summit which wont be here this week. So i guess ill finish the motor next week....

·
ate lug
88 + 96 broncos, 96 F250
9,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #508 ·
No i bought a Melling. Not thrilled with how quickly the AL pump body disintegrated so I went back to an iron pump.

·
Premium Member
3,567 Posts

·
ate lug
88 + 96 broncos, 96 F250
9,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #514 ·
Technically, yes, altho it wasnt easy :p

Not much progress made. Took some time off for the holidays, then dawn fell & broke her ankle (an ER trip confirmed it wasnt actually broken), then they thought she had covid, and now we're quarantining even tho no one is sick.

Anyways.....
I have the doubler, transmission & motor mounts back together again. Reinstalled tcase shifters & trans tunnel. Antiwrap bar back together. I also made a new tracbar for the front, since my old was was a bit short, and bent a little bit. I must have goofed on the lower tracbar mount location on the 'new' D60, presumably because of how hammered that body was. Ended up that when the new body was 100% done, i had to extend my tracbar a good 1½, which left me with quite a good bit of the shafts from the heims sticking out. It looked like a failure waiting to happen. So i built a nice beefy (and slightly longer) one using parts i got from RuffStuff during their black friday sale.

Im hoping to get back out there tomorrow to see what else i can get done. There's snow in the forecast.

·
Premium Member
3,567 Posts
Technically, yes, altho it wasnt easy :p

Not much progress made. Took some time off for the holidays, then dawn fell & broke her ankle (an ER trip confirmed it wasnt actually broken), then they thought she had covid, and now we're quarantining even tho no one is sick.

Anyways.....
I have the doubler, transmission & motor mounts back together again. Reinstalled tcase shifters & trans tunnel. Antiwrap bar back together. I also made a new tracbar for the front, since my old was was a bit short, and bent a little bit. I must have goofed on the lower tracbar mount location on the 'new' D60, presumably because of how hammered that body was. Ended up that when the new body was 100% done, i had to extend my tracbar a good 1½, which left me with quite a good bit of the shafts from the heims sticking out. It looked like a failure waiting to happen. So i built a nice beefy (and slightly longer) one using parts i got from RuffStuff during their black friday sale.

Im hoping to get back out there tomorrow to see what else i can get done. There's snow in the forecast.
NICE!! I heard they get paid for COVID care if they somehow tie it to a broken bone.
BTW, how come you didn't 4 link that thing while you had it all apart??

·
ate lug
88 + 96 broncos, 96 F250
9,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #516 ·
I thought about it, but i knew the vehicle weight was going to change at both ends. So i wanted to get it together and get a baseline. The motor debacle really messed this all up, because the plan was to have it on the road for a year and then tinker with the front-end again. So maybe 2023 now?

·
ate lug
88 + 96 broncos, 96 F250
9,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #517 ·
Cold, but otherwise nice outside, so i made some progress on the '88.
The exhaust is now done, with the exception of the wideband O2, which i want to calibrate anyway. Pretty much everything thats left is under the hood, so thats where i went.
Put the fuel rail on, and then broke the oil pressure sender. Kinda sucks because the plan was to install the plenum/TB next and finish the harness & vacuum lines. Maybe tomorrow.
Anyways, i moved on and instead reinstalled the dipstick, coil + bracket, and most of the accessory drive:

P.steering pump is plumbed, and so is the York compressor. Its a rats nest of wires under there right now but itll all clean up once the TB is reinstalled. We're getting pretty close to finally firing this thing up!

·
Premium Member
92 Bronco, 408 Stroker, 6R80, 4" lift, 9 inch, ARB lockers, 4.56 gears, Bassani exhaust
855 Posts
Sheeeww it's cold outside.

Reactions: reptillikus

·
ate lug
88 + 96 broncos, 96 F250
9,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #519 ·
Its cold outside. Id like to be done, because working outside in the cold makes my hand hurt.

·
Premium Member
92 Bronco, 408 Stroker, 6R80, 4" lift, 9 inch, ARB lockers, 4.56 gears, Bassani exhaust
855 Posts
Its cold outside. Id like to be done, because working outside in the cold makes my hand hurt.
It makes my hands hurt just thinking about it. Now my nose is starting to run:)

Reactions: reptillikus
501 - 520 of 554 Posts