Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

241 - 259 of 259 Posts

·
ate lug
8,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #241
Thats good to know!
I was thinking of bolting the cage to the floor, then doing poly mounts underneath to frame tie-ins, and then build sliders at the same time. But, before i do any of that i need to finish remodeling the first floor bathroom. So theres time to figure it all out. For now itll just be little updates, nothing major.

·
ate lug
8,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #242 (Edited)
Ok here we go again.

So while rewiring my tailgate, i used a harness from a 90+ bronco so i could upgrade my reverse lights from 1156 to 3156. I also found, completely by accident, that CA Autoparts makes LED taillights for our trucks! Theres 8 versions, i bought one of the smoked variants:

They look pretty good IMO, and the fit & finish is really nice. Definitely seems like a quality part.

installed

And in keeping with my black/gray theme, black fender badges:

·
ate lug
8,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #243
Bonus update!

Got my 16.5s back from powdercoat.

We did satin black for the drums, and i found a PC color for the ring that matches the bronco's paint almost perfectly:

New inserts from Stazworks:

So......you know i had to mount two of them up ;)

they make 35s look like 235s :LOL:

So....you all know where this is headed.......

:eek: :cool:

The other two 44s are buried in the corner of the garage, wont be able to get them out till sometime next week. Ill get em mounted up, but i honestly dont think theres enough room to put them on, w/o the roof hitting the rails for the garage door. Probably not going to put them on. Gotta take the front off so i can get back to work under the hood, i just couldnt pass up on the opportunity to check out how it looks!

·
Super Moderator
14,444 Posts
great progress..love the color..only thing I'm not digging is the top part of that bumper, but that's just me..

·
ate lug
8,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #248
Thanks guys (y)
Weve still got a long way to go, but once in a while its awesome to get a glimpse of the end goal, kinda makes it all worthwhile!
My goal is to have it at the East Coast Bronco RoundUp next year :cool:

great progress..love the color..only thing I'm not digging is the top part of that bumper, but that's just me..

I hear ya on the tubing, i debated not doing it but its a necessity to keep the front end from getting all smashed up in our tight trails. It looked huge, right up until i put the 44s on, now it looks tiny! It does look better in person than the pics i think. Probably building an 80s style brush guard off the top of the bumper wouldve looked better for the square nose, but im still happy with how it came out :)

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
😲 drool

·
ate lug
8,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #252
I've been busy prepping for winter. Had to clean out the corner of the garage to swap the lawn mower for the snow blower, and swap the lawn tractor's deck out for the snow plow (the 44s were in the way of all this). Today I'll be cleaning up the garage, then I gotta get the plow on and get the snow blower running. Looks like the Mid West is gonna get hammered with snow any day now, which means I'll be here soon too!

Updates are gonna slow down again; now that I'm unofficially ready for winter, my top priority is remodeling the first floor bathroom, which I'm probably gonna start on next week.

·
Premium Member
34,855 Posts
You all knew it was coming :p

Shes only ~½" from the garage doors rails, so itll have to come back off them so i can continue working on it. Just couldnt help myself!
And it's not disappointing. Guess you've earned a break but think of the fun you could have in the snow.

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
Looks great! Think those tires will rub? Looks a little tight.

·
ate lug
8,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #255 (Edited)
I took measurements against the green one, im sitting at 7-8" of lift. Its definitely not enough. Pretty sure theyre gonna rub in the turns on the core support body mounts, and possibly the firewall. If i wanted to run these for some hardcore crawling, id have to add another 2-4" of lift i suspect. Ill be running the 42s at Rausch Creek. The 44s were kind of an impulse buy; couldnt pass them up for the price.

And it's not disappointing. Guess you've earned a break but think of the fun you could have in the snow.
Oh man i know, i bet it would be fun as hell on these in some deep snow! But we wont see anything like that for a while yet anyway, if at all.

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
I know all about impulse buys. Ive got (2) 40" super swampers with like new tread I had to buy just because they were $100 each. Hopefully my shed has been making good use of em lol

·
ate lug
8,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #257
Yeah these wheels (the 16.5s) have been floating around my basement for maybe 7 years now, so i kinda jumped on the 44s cuz they were cheap and big. Honestly, id probably trade them away for 42s if i could find someone with a good set to fit my wheels as theyd fit the truck much better.

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
Ah make the 44s fit! Youve got the running gear for em!

241 - 259 of 259 Posts