ate lug
88 + 96 broncos, 96 F250
8,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #421 ·
parts
Picture

lots and lots of parts
Picture

This is basically every sensor for the motor plus tune up parts, gaskets, etc. It also includes a wideband O2 + controller!
Picture

This is Innovate Automotive's LC-2 wideband O2 controller. Fully tunable controller, but does not come with a gauge, which is fine since im getting one to match the other gauges i already have from NVU.

I mocked up the exhaust in the bronco, and found a good place to install a bung for the wideband sensor, just behind the stock sensor:
Picture

I removed my 2-gauge pod from my pillar, and am installing a 3-gauge pod from GlowShift. Its actually a pretty nice piece and fits very well.
Picture

This is the harness i built for the oil pressure & trans temp gauges; its built around a 6 pin connector, and i was only using 5. This works out super conveniently, because i only need to add 1 wire to this harness for the air-fuel ratio gauge- the signal wire from the wideband controller. The rest of the wires for the gauge are all already there. So wiring the gauge will be a pretty simple task.
Picture

Here's the new Bosch wideband O2 sensor:
Picture

Here's the wideband controller:
Picture

Just a couple wires to connect to make it work, plus the large plug goes to the O2 sensor, the other 2 plugs are optional. One of the small plugs is an input for connecting a laptop for tuning the controller, and the other one is an output if youre using other software/hardware from Innovate.

Here's the included harness that connects the sensor to the controller. its available in several lengths; i got the 8' one because i dont know how im going to route the wire yet.
Picture

And it also included this adapter harness for connecting a laptop for datalogging or tuning the controller:
Picture

Its unlikely ill need this, but it would be useful for those who like to do more specialized tuning for racing, or want to use the controller to emulate a narrowband sensor.

Ive already started wiring the controller up in the truck, but i havent routed the cable for the sensor yet. Its difficult to say exactly where i want it to go, w/o an engine or transmission in the truck to check for clearances. Hopefully the engine will come back soon, and i can get this thing back together and running!

I have a torque converter on order from Broader Performance, hopefully it comes soon.
I also decided its worth it to just order a tuner, so friday i ordered the PimpX ECU from Stinger Performance :cool:

·
Premium Member
92 Bronco, 408 Stroker, 6R80, 4" lift, 9 inch, ARB lockers, 4.56 gears, Bassani exhaust
701 Posts
When is the engine going to be ready? The machine shop here was backed up a couple if months.

·
ate lug
88 + 96 broncos, 96 F250
8,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #423 ·
Soon I think. Last time I was there the heads were 100% done and the block was decked. Pistons had just arrived so they still needed the rods installed and the block needed to be bored out. I'm hoping to have it back by the end of the month but I guess time will tell.

·
Premium Member
92 Bronco, 408 Stroker, 6R80, 4" lift, 9 inch, ARB lockers, 4.56 gears, Bassani exhaust
701 Posts
I was looking at the PimpX. Seems like a good deal that could save some frustration. Looking forward to your write up.

Reactions: reptillikus

·
Premium Member
701 Posts
If you have NVU gauges can you post a pic?

·
ate lug
88 + 96 broncos, 96 F250
8,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #426 ·
The PimpX actually seems like its gonna work out pretty good. It already shipped too, should have it Monday i think.
I got my A/R gauge from NVU yesterday, no pics yet. But i have their oil pressure & trans temp, on the A-pillar:

This is their Aviator Series, but i didnt want red, so they custom made them in green for me :cool:

Oh, and one last thing..........

:cool:

·
Premium Member
701 Posts
Thanks brother I will take the 2 guage pillar off your hands if you like. I'm gonna need one. You can bring it down when you come to help me wire mine up:)

·
ate lug
88 + 96 broncos, 96 F250
8,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #428 ·
If you really want the 2 gauge pod you can have it for shipping. Or maybe ill make a cruise down that way once mine is all done & running, and give you a hand with yours (y)

421 - 428 of 428 Posts