Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Diesel Gynachologist
11,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There have been some issues being brought up in the actual HID/LED lighting thread in the vendor section so I figured I would post my review/ issues here as an actual review and others can comment with their experiences as well. I have been called a prick by Sam as of late in the HID/LEd thread over my return that is several months old. To clear things up and put this out in the open I am going to start from the top.....

My first order and experience with Sam was in May of 2009 when I ordered some HIDs in an H10bulb for my superduty. I exchanged pm's with him asking several questions on quality, bulb type, color temps etc and he was very helpful answering those questions. I ended up buying a set, I paypal'd and had them at my door in maybe a week or two time.,Perfect experience and with that I knew I would order from him again.

Less then a month later I decided to use the ballasts I got in the other kit yet buy some H4 bulbs and glass replacements for my toyota that Sam had researched and found a supplier for. I gave him the go ahead

Here is the pm
06-06-2009, 07:12 AM
OK man. The bulbs are $75 shipped (H4-3 4300k 55w) and the lenses are $60.00 shipped. (Both via Priority mail)

So, paypal me $135 when ya can. I've already ordered it for you.
Sounds good to me and before I had a chance to paypal some cash I get another pm asking for payment asap. No problem I had yet to read the pm, right after I do I shoot him some cash.
06-07-2009, 04:51 PM

Hey dude please Paypal when you get the chance. Gotta order some other stuff and I have some $$$ tied up in what I ordered for ya...

Thanks Dustin!

Sam
My pm as response.
06-08-2009, 11:04 AM

sorry about that sam, I have not been online for a few days. I just got your paypal taken care of. Thanks for ordering that asap for me.

I wanna do those leds sooner or later but right now it has not been up my list of things to do. my goal was to convert all my lighting over to blue but on a 350 its not as easy as a bronco
Sams response to this
06-08-2009, 11:04 AM

Its cool man. Thanks for getting some cash off to me. I should have your stuff here in a couple of days and I'll get it out to you as soon as it arrives.

As far as the LEDs go, just let me know when your ready. I converted my interior to blue but wound up doing it in stages. It took me a few months to get it all done but I'm glad I did. It looks pretty cool. All my Gauges, A/C Controls, Siren, 4 aftermarket gauges.. all Blue. I've got some pictures but the pics didn't come out very well...

I'll let ya know when your stuff gets here...

Sam
ok now is where the issue starts. About a month goes by and I dont hear anything so I send a Pm inquiring about my parts I have heard nothing about.
Originally Posted by Dustin
hey sam whats the status on these?
Sams response
07-12-2009, 11:32 AM
Hey Dustin

I've got your H6054 housings, I'm just waiting on your H4s. I had a little communication problem with my main HID vendor. A few orders got screwed up by accident. I should have your bulbs by next week. I'll drop you a note when they get here...

Sorry for the delay man

Sam
Ok no worries stuff happens so I wait.....2 more months. I send another pm. So since this has been so long stuff starts changing as I wad up my toyota to the point of not fitting headlights. No problems, Ive already ordered this setup and Ill take if cause I dont want him being stuck with product.
so whats the story on these?

my plans are changing now and I might not have headlights at all in my rig
Sams response.
09-02-2009, 05:11 AM

To be honest Bro I completely forgot about it. I've had some big orders come through and your paperwork got stuck in the bottom of a large pile. Albeit unintentionally. If your plans are changing what would you like to do? I owe you the H4 housings (which I have) and some bulbs (which I don't). I am placing a HID order soon and I have the bulbs at one of the 4wd shops where my stuff is displayed so I CAN go get them, but just tell me what I need to do to make it right. You have my most sincere apology Dustin.
Let me know

Sam
Shit happens and I know that, no worries he apologized no harm no foul. He asked what it would take to make right so.....

He missed my pm so a few days go by before I get my response to this
no problem. I dont want you to get stuck with product you special ordered for me but I rolled my truck (again) a week or so ago and Ive having to rebuild somestuff which will most likely involve new lights in the front which wont be factory obviously. so running a hid setup in a factory style light is now not going to happen.

fwiw Ive been running those 55w bulbs in my factory superduty fogs since Ive got them from you the first time without issues. have not melted down housings yet. lookin like they will stay there for the time being.

so I guess if its possible to get a return that would be cool but like I said I dont want you to get stuck with stuff you cant get rid of so If I need I can get them and do something with them.
Sam....
09-11-2009, 06:58 AM
Yeah I guess I missed this. Sorry dude. What are you wanting to return? The 55 watters? I can't remember what bulb they are and how much I'll owe you and what else you'd like to do. Its pretty tough for me to take used bulbs back but I know your situation has dragged out awhile. I can sell the new housings you bought. I'm out of H4s right now but I can replace them.

Tell me again what you've got and what you'd like to return man...
Now My intentions where only to return of money for the product I payed for and never received not to return the product I purchased the first go around. I offered to still buy what he ordered as of good faith, I dont want to order something, change my mind and have hime stuck with it, I would have still bought this because I did order it. No matter if I was planning to still use it. Now I was asked what I would like to do and I suggested I just get my money back since I have not got anything in return for it IF that was ok with him.

nah I wanna keep the stuff Ive got already. they are working out well in my superduty fogs. wouldnt expect to return used bulbs or kit for that matter with nothing wrong with them

I think I prepaid $130 for the housings and h4 bulbs(just bulbs no ballasts). I cant find the pm with the total amount I sent via paypal. I cant login at work due to the lousy firewall but IIRC it was 50 for the housings and 75ish for bulbs/shipping

now that I probably wont be using the housings on my rig in the future and I have not recieved them I could use that cash for other stuff right now. I wouldnt expect to return them if I had already got them. So just looking to get back what I prepaid
Sams response
09-11-2009, 01:17 PM
Thats fine man. I can do that. I need a week or so to get it taken care off. I'm spread pretty thin right now and have some big ticket items already spoken for with my next check (in a week) but I'll definitely get you paid back. Sorry for the drag out, hope its cool with you...

Sam
ok cool no issues right??? well thats what I thought. I understand how things go and I trust Sam as a valid vendor and member of FSB

Another month goes by and nothing... I send a simple pm with the replies of past pms with a simple ? mark

His response
10-12-2009, 07:37 AM
Checked the members forum lately man? Have a peak at my thread and a small break. I know I know you some dough.
This is around the time he lost his job, Again shit happens and I can understand. Again this has been a month past the week I was supposed to see a return. ok no big deal, my response
nah man sorry I have not, I dont check FSB much anymore. just skim the posts and check pms, thats about it anymore. Ill check it out. check making sure it hasn't been forgot. take your time.
Sam
10-13-2009, 08:07 PM
Thanks Dustin. Just trying not to lose my house right now. I haven't forgotten I promise. Law Suits, Attorneys big mess...
I let it go for a month and a half. sounds like its going to be drawn out so I offer a solution
hey man I know your going through some shit right now and best of luck with all of that. Seems to me this is going to be drug out for quite a while before getting back on your feet. is is possible you can send me product you might have on hand instead of cash so we can at least square up?
response
11-24-2009, 11:20 AM
Hey man. Just a little more time. Had a good meeting with my old employers. I'll get back with ya. I'm really low on stock but hopefully things are turning around here soon..
During this time frame alot of things happened with FSB I did not agree with and I visited every few days or so to check pms, see the local az boards, skim a few posts etc. Always had this deal floating out there I wanted to try and keep track off. I followed Sams thread on his work situation, and I did not bother him for a few months to give him time to recover. finally saw he was back up and running and still selling product in the vendor section again....

at this point 3 months have gone by now and my patience is running out
03-01-2010, 09:32 AM

???
Sams response
03-01-2010, 01:09 PM

Damn Dustin. I completely forgot about you. I get paid Thursday. I can prolly do 1/2 then and 1/2 on my next check if thats cool. $65 this Thurs. Hope your cool with that?

Sam
Its been so long I damn near forgot about it myself
03-05-2010, 06:55 PM
yeah thats fine, whatever is easier for you.

I have almost forgot about it as well since I have not been on FSB in a while
I check FSB daily hoping something has been resolved...more time goes by...
03-26-2010, 06:50 AM
another 3 weeks gone by.......
Sams response
03-27-2010, 07:29 PM
Yup and I completely forgot about it. If you remember shoot me a PM thursday and remind me please. Sorry Dustin man...

Sam
So thurs comes
04-01-2010, 07:02 AM
Its Thursday......
I dont hear anything so I send another pm
04-03-2010, 06:51 AM
moving on to saturday......
response
04-03-2010, 05:41 PM
I know man. My last two paychecks I've been shorted big time. $700 last check and $500 this check. I am trying to get it fixed and get them to cut me a supplemental check but its hard getting our payroll department to do anything out of the ordinary. They come in at 9 take a 3 hour lunch and leave at 2. I haven't forgotten about you, I will get this taken care of. Sorry to keep putting you off.

Sam
See a trend here???? Up to this point I was cool, aggravating but I understood. I wanted to try and be patient but the more I thought about it the more it started to bug me, I was getting sick of the same set of answers over and over again.

Send Sam a pm again a couple days later
04-05-2010, 06:52 AM
ok well let me know asap, Im in need of cash myself and would really like to get this over and done with.

Ill check in every couple days or so so this does not get forgot about like it has the past year.
I dont hear anything and figure I will turn up the heat a bit to hope and get this resolved. Im following the active vendor thread too...so I post there after reading another response about a delay in someones order

04-08-2010, 06:40 AM
Just hope your order does not fall threw the cracks like mine. My first order went smooth then a few weeks after I ordered a couple other things. I waited about a month and nothing showed up, asked about it and he never ordered it in the first place. My plans had changed so I decided to cancel and get a refund remember nothing was ever ordered so he was not stuck with product he couldnt use or sell. Several months went by and Im still working on getting my money back. First its " I totally forgot, Ill take care of it" then its "been laid off work" I know he has had some hard times last year and Ive let it slide but then its "I totally forgot again" and now as of last week Im back to the "work/money issues". Im getting to the point of being frustrated now, this has been going on since September.....
A few people replied about some concerns they had with their orders taking a while too, my response from the thread
04-12-2010, 08:41 AM
Well glad Im not the only one here with this issue. I totally understand the personal life issues and I think Ive been more then fair in my patience, which is starting to run out as we speak. However If life gets in the way that much and you can not conduct business matters in a reasonable amount of time they should not be done at all until stuff gets ironed out.
This is also where my aggravation has set in at this point and I decide to send a pm.
04-12-2010, 07:01 AM
any word dude?? I really want to get this resolved and put behind me
This is my last pm from Sam but I hear in the vendor thread that he was on vacation from another member
He just PM'd me yesterday and said that he just got back from vacation
Im wondering how your able to go on vacation with "money issues"
first money issues then able to go on vacation? typically you dont go on vacations if your broke....
Apparently this stuck a cord with Sam and spawned this response where I was then called a prick.....
Guys calm down. I haven't forgotten about any of you. I've been completely honest with everyone. Life dealt me some real shit. In waves. It wasn't any one thing I had to deal with and put behind me. Fired, Rehired, Shit work hours now (3am to 1pm 5 days a week with Wednesday and Thursday off), 3 back surgeries, and medicine that makes you forget who you are. I've told all of you about all of this. I have a list and I'm working through making things right for everyone. Dustin your being a awful big prick over a hundred bucks. Thanks for stirring the pot after you changed your mind 5 times on your order.

Justin - I'm waiting on your 40 mm Festoons. I told you they were an odd size and I went through a bit finding them. The rest of your
order is here.

Chato - I'm waiting on your tail light bulbs, they will be in the same order with the other updates you see in this post.

FTA - As I told you also, and you have been getting regular updates 90% of your order is here. I'll be happy to send what I have if your worried.

Larry - You have everything but two bulbs. Your last two bulbs will be in this last order. I know it took awhile to get your stuff out. I'm sorry.

Dustin - You prick, money issues were related to being fired and then that being overturned and waiting on back pay. Yes I really forgot about you. I've already apologized.

Stuff has been out of my control and I've done the best I can to communicate and make things right with everyone. I haven't run off. I answer all of you when you PM me. Only a few of you have things still owed to them and only Dustin has money owed to him. He has also neglected to tell you that he took a long hiatus from FSB and has been out of contact. So yeah, I forgot. Sorry. Now he's back and in less than a week he's gone from "lets get this finished" to "oh my god he's run off with my hundred bucks." Come on.

And my vacation. Heh. I took my kids to my family's lake house on Lake Burton for their spring break and my birthday to try and unwind and get my head screwed on straight. Total cost: $50.00 in fuel. My grandmother fed us. I hope thats ok with you Dustin.

So apparently Im a prick for asking too many times when this issue will be resolved SEVERAL months later! Apparently I stirred the pot and changed my mind 5 times(where????? these are the pms SAM!)for my money that was agreed to be returned several months ago and never was. Sure I have not posted much here as of late but I have ALWAYS been in contact via PM so thats NOT a valid excuse for why this has not been taken care of!

I have been very understanding and very patient as far as I am concerned and Ive had enough. I want to finalize this deal and be done with it. I WILL NOT do business with Sam again over this issue and I put this here so everyone can see what has gone down and make their own decision on if they want to deal with him or not

·
Premium Member
7,131 Posts
Well i am glad am not to only one. I order some LED bulbs back in the begining August and got the the end of september which i explained was due to delays whit his venders, ok no problem.

He was supposed to send me 2 extra LED protectors for my reverse lights and he forgot to put the in the box and he said he mail them right out to me that was 7 months ago. I PM'ed him on 2/2/10 and he agian said he would get them out to me, a few weeks go by and nothing i contact him again and he said he sent them out but i never got anything in the mail. He said he would send the again but i have yet to see them.

BTW these are 2 wires with a resistor in them and would fit in a regular envelope and cost is i think 3 dollors.

I understand he has some issues but this is getting a little ridculous.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I've been waiting on a $900+ order since December!:thumbup
Rescuebronc said:
FTA - As I told you also, and you have been getting regular updates 90% of your order is here. I'll be happy to send what I have if your worried.

Not worried, just saying is all :music0715

·
Try it now!!
9,122 Posts
Sorry, when you owe people money even 50 dollars is too much to spend on fun.

Not to say I haven't done that, but it is/was wrong and I shouldnt be spending money on beer/eating out/gas money for fun/etc when I'm behind on my bills.

Period.

·
Registered
355 Posts
I really hope it doesn't take much longer for me to get my order. I didn't know he responded in that thread till today. I'm starting to finish up my Bronco project and one of my low beams is out on my head lights and don't want to buy a new bulb when I just went ahead and ordered HIDs. But since he's only waiting on my tail light bulbs it shouldn't take much longer(I hope)

·
Registered
275 Posts
So your saying my kids should suffer because Dustin is mad? This isn't a bill as far as I am concerned. Dustin took a hiatus from FSB and I honestly forgot about him. I told him that. Whatever, let him be pissed. I disagree with you.
BUT YOU OWE HIM MONEY:twak

·
Service before Self
136 Posts
Look

I said this in the other thread and it got deleted so I'll say it again. I forgot about Dustin. Yep I was wrong. I have dealt with an immense amount of personal shit in the last 6 months that has affected me personally and my business. On top of that I've had some issues with manufacturers. I have hundreds of sales on here and thousands of sales on other sites. He is my first really really pissed customer that decided to try me in the court of public opinion. So, I'm good with that. Orders are going out and everything is being made right. I haven't left/run off/not responded to anyone. I'm still here. If your worried, then don't do business with me. If your a customer, you have my word things will be ok and you'll be happy.

Sam

·
Registered
355 Posts
I'll be happy to send your HIDS out now if that will make you happy chief...?
If all you're waiting for is the bulbs I can go ahead and wait since the Bronco won't be done for a couple weeks. But I've actually been fairly calm about this whole situation and never was rude about it

·
Registered
355 Posts
I'll go ahead and wait. If I do happen to finish the Bronco before you get the LEDs I'll let ya know but till then I'll just wait

·
Diesel Gynachologist
11,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So your saying my kids should suffer because Dustin is mad? This isn't a bill as far as I am concerned. Dustin took a hiatus from FSB and I honestly forgot about him. I told him that. Whatever, let him be pissed. I disagree with you.
How can you point the finger at me on this? seriously dude. we came to an agreement far before I stop visiting fsb daily. regardless we had an agreement to resolve the issue and it never happened. How can you expect me not to be mad over something like this? Put the shoe on the other foot and tell me how it feels. Ive been more then fair. So if I was to pm you weekly reminding out over that 3 month period where you had job issues that would that have changed anything? I was respecting your life problems and leaving you to deal with them all while waiting to get my return.

Dustin, what is your paypal address? Is it [email protected]?

I can't find your transactions.

- Edit. Nevermind I found it. [email protected] right? Your paid. Now STFU.
Thank you for returning my money and finishing this. I really wish I did not have to go this far to make stuff happen. Again with the professionalism here dude! I hope others see this and do not do buiness with you. Your acting like I am the one being unreasonable in this deal. Telling me Im a prick and now to shut the **** up for asking for something that was owed to me months ago. Its not my fault YOU forgot about what YOU agreed too

I'll be happy to send your HIDS out now if that will make you happy chief...?
Did you ever thing this is bad for customer service. I sense a attitude from you in other customers that have a right to be worried over what happened to me. I think a little communication goes along way and if you have something backorderd let poeple know the deal and time frame. Thats part of doing buisness

How am I being a dick? I just offered to send him half of his order early and eat the shipping to make him happy.

Do you mean I'm being a dick to Dustin? If thats the case, then thats ok with me.
How do you think that is ok? I have never been a dick to you and was more then fair in waiting MONTHS to get this resolved. Did you not read the pm's I posted. They are all time stamped and you agreed to return well before you so called "forgot because I was not here" which is bs anyway.

your actions in handling my deal reflects badly on you as a vendor here bud, so I hope you like the grave your digging yourself

No I don't. :smilie_slap
yeah not now! but you have for MONTHS until I lit a fire under your ass to get you to pay up. Your being pretty unprofessional in this whole deal

Thank you for returning my money and finishing this, my review and experence is still negative. I will leave feedback accordingly as well.

·
Diesel Gynachologist
11,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sam seriously???? I leave a valid negative feedback and you feel the need to "get me back" with this? comon dude.

There is a reason no one on the fourm cares for him...

·
Screw the Jeep Thing
4,522 Posts
I don' thave anything ordered from him.. But What I've learned so far... don't order parts from RescueBronc, it will take for ever to get them. Don't ask for a refund or Cancel your order it will take even longer to get it.

Honestly, If I owned this site he would no longer be a vender on this site. The way he is talkin to people in this thread aint cool. He will never get any of my money.

File it under lessons learned and move on with your lifes.. Can't you go to Paypal and cancel your payment or somthing? Don't they work like a Credit card where they will give you your money back and go after the business to retreive their money in situations like this?

·
Service before Self
136 Posts
I'm unsubscribing to this thread. I said my piece. Take it for what its worth. I'm still here. While losing business here isn't nice, especially as long as I've been here and seeing as my expertise is in Ford electrical stuff, This is my first real negative review. Dustin left the site and I honestly forgot about him. I've said that and admitted that I was wrong. He's refunded and its been made right. If you are a customer you will have your stuff as all of you have that have ordered. If you chose not to order from me in the future, I understand. Life goes on.

·
Diesel Gynachologist
11,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah paypal can do a cancel however in my case it was far to old to do that otherwise I would have taken that route.

Your still saying I left the site when that didnt happen, reduced my time here? sure. left entirely as you say trying to justifly "forgetting" about me" is untrue and the pm responses above prove that. I gave you several months from Nov 09 to get your act together. I reminded you yet again in march 2010 that I was hanging still. Was promised to settle in a week from that pm. Only more excuses came after and here is my issue really starts after being told yet again you would take care of it. another month and a half til today I finally get my money back. Still unexceptable anyway you try and spin it

Either way yes this deal is settled finally! Im glad others get to see this unfold and see your response and actions. I hope it prevents others from this headache in the future.

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
That was definitely a long time to get your money back, but I have spent hundreds of dollars with Sam over the last 2 or 3 years and I've always gotten my products in a timely manner and he always responds to PMs and keeps me in the loop.

·
Premium Member
12,534 Posts
Dustin left the site and I honestly forgot about him. I've said that and admitted that I was wrong. He's refunded and its been made right.
Wether Dustin left the site or not is no reason to forget about a customer. I have read this entire thread and all of the PM's posted above by Dustin and I see no reason for him to be called a prick.

The way you handled this situation (first negative review) just spoke volumes to all future customers.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
I'm unsubscribing to this thread. I said my piece.
As an outsider reading your responses... I think it best to let this go. I've worked retail and service for years and really "the customer is always right" seemed to be lost here.

Just because this is the internet and a BBS, doesn't mean you should respond or treat customers any different. It's good that you were honest. But would you really tell a customer to STFU in a crowded store? (the metaphor being here the number of people that will read this...)

You've resolved this now, no further action necessary.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts