Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
~*~*~*~*~*~*~
10,727 Posts
Welcome to our community!
Looks like you got yourself a nice start!

I'm currently building an 86 that I got from Texas. Had it shipped to Michigan and can't wait to have it moving again.

·
Super Moderator
30,836 Posts
Yo tigertide55,
Welcome to our DIY BIG BRONCO COMMUNITY with your great looking 83!

Here's some info for you:
If it has a 351;

1983 Bronco 5.8L 351W 4V H.O Vacuum Diagram by Seabronc

For certain 83s, such as those with a 351 engine, see Electronic Engine Control III (EEC III) overview, wiring & Vacuum diagrams on the net by Tommy @ Wayback Machine

Also see: DIY EEC III Timing Procedure by Eric, DONOTDELETE @ EEC III - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups

For any Bronco questions or to chat about it's planned modifications or build, it's better to post each seperately in Noobie Bronco Tech Questions. Flame free zone. This will get more attention and you can build up your post count to get into other sections such as Bronco and Ford Parts/Accessories (50 posts required to participate due to scammers who preyed on our members too many times).

See How to add your 83s Signature @ Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum by BigBlue 94

Our Forum FAQs includes for example,
How to:
Use Search
How To Save (Bookmark) Threads Or Posts
How To Search The Site
What is the Difference Between the Showcase and Gallery?
ETC.

Baba Looey's Favorite FSB Links (lots and lots of tech links) including, "how do I get the tailgate glass to...", etc.

Find time to Participate and VOTE in our Full-Size of the Month Contest and later in the year, Full-Size of the Year Contest @ Voting
You will get ideas by those competing.
Prizes are awarded to the winner; a full spread in Bronco Driver Magazine with a year's subscription once the article is submitted; and a years worth of premium FSB membership.

Enjoy our site!
Al

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome folks!

I have restored a couple of smaller SUVs for my kids before (XJs), mostly stripped out and redid entire interior. Had new floor pans welded in and installed new wiring harnesses, consoles, dash, carpet, etc…. Did prep work on the body and primed it. Had a pro paint it. Did a good bit of engine work too.

On this Bronco, I’ve discovered problems outside my expertise. There is penetrative rust at top corner of cab on sail pillar, right at the end of the gutter (drivers side). Guy who sold it did a nice job w bondo and touch up paint to conceal it. I have picked it apart to see what’s what. Water was getting in there, running down the inside into drivers side rocker and pan. (Pics below). I have to start there. I don’t think there is a patch for that part, so I guess I have to fab.

We just moved to Tennessee and I don’t know a lot of car guys yet. Have to make some friends in the fab and weld biz! Once I get that done, I’ll get interior put in and prep exterior for full repaint.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1981 Bronco, 4.9L, ZF5, NP208, Detroit Truetracs, 3.55 gears, 31" Wranglers front and rear
2,459 Posts

·
Registered
1986 Eddie Bauer 5.0EFI AOD Full length headers Y pipe into single 3" Magnaflow 3" factory exit
1,463 Posts
Congrats on the Bronco, and wise choice of drivetrain, 5.8L carb & a C6!!

You'll notice a large percentage of posts on here are about efi problems, wandering idle, codes, no start, or electronic transmission problems. Every time you see ine, feel great knowing you've got a bulletproof set up with that powertrain.

Check that the fuel tank & lines are clean, tune in the carb, set your timing, and you'll be running good for a long, long time!!

Check out my build thread at the bottom of this thread, i tore apart my 86, and go buy yourself a welder, and figure it out!! It's pretty fun stuff!! Welcome!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts