Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I treated her to a 11:1 compression 557 with Trick Flow heads/BUILT C-6. He's a contender allright, but lost streetability entirely... went back to my good old 315 horsepower 302 (@ 15 mpg) and mountain is happier (I'm not, and am thinking about a nitro motor... sick, huh! ) having a real problem with ring gears, shattered one with the big motor, and just shattered another with my lowly 302 (btw, the big-un did bad-bad things to the trucks body... not to mention other things! next time someone posts up smack about big-block this and nitrous/blown that, point me at 'em and I'll show the aftermath glad to have found ya'll

·
FSB's Resident A$$HOLE
2,644 Posts
is this the member formally known as mountainman?

wes

·
my precioussssssss
877 Posts
You did that frame off on that Nite bronco right? I was thinking about it the other day.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
the BB powertrain was "loaned" to me by another Bronco mud-racer.

It has since been returned. This kind of power ain't no joke! His trucks that he runs are trailer only race rigs that are set up for one purpose only... My Bronc was not and rejected the transplant in more ways than one...

I am trying to figure out my ring gear phenomona. Any opinions would really be appreciated. BTW the noises didn't start until several weeks after I returned to my small-block powertrain, and it is ONLY the ring gear that sports the shattered teeth. Any ideas?

·
Registered
197 Posts
were you the guy that built that black bronco on 38 swampers ,then just when you finished you moved to like FL.or something,and you were a carpenter?If its you lets see some pictures!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts