Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As of tomorrow around 4:30 pm I will officially retire my bronco as my DD. I ordered a 08' VW Rabbit the other day and get to pick it up tomorrow afternoon. I'm doing this because its rumored that gas will hit 4 bucks a gallon over the summer and I need something more reliable. But there is no way I could ever get rid of the Turd, my girlfriend won't even let me sell it. Actually, as long as I keep the turd insured, my insurance on the new car will be 85$ a month. When I was first looking at new vehicles I laughed at the thought of getting a rabbit until I test drove one, the 6 speed Tiptronic tranny and the 5 banger really gets it going. Thats about it. Carry on citizens.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
5 cyl? i didnt kno they were making one

vdub that is

·
Premium Member
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I didn't know either. Its a 5 cyl. 2.5 liter engine. I wanted a diesel but apparently they aren't offering a diesel right now because its only 42 state legal (emissions). The new diesel that will be coming out is supposed to have a version of the the "Bluetec" technology with a urea injection that turns the exhaust into Nitrogen. this will be my first car that isn't a ford, I've heard some pretty good things about VW and I'm hoping I can only add more good things about them.

·
Roller rockers are gay
19,192 Posts
my buddies dad has one. great cruising car. good fuel mileage and my friend hit 140mph with it when it crashed (his words) into the speed limiter. my buddy said it was still pulling hard at that speed.

good luck with it.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
a vw... shit there goes your money! Maintanence costs will kill you! I hear that honda has something thats like an amonia supressor or something and it removes the pollutants from diesel

·
Registered
983 Posts
they've been sayin' gas is going to hit 4 dollars a gallon every summer since katrina. there is only so far they can drive the price up before they start losing money or the U.S. starts reducing their cut or decides to release some of our 1 BILLION gallons of reserve.

even if gas stays at 290-300 a gallon you'll still be saving yourself a ton of money in gas.

·
Premium Member
23,549 Posts
I would have either held out for the TDI or bought a used 2007 TDI.

but any how. POST THE PICS

·
I Shear Bolts
799 Posts
I wish they would offer the W8 as an option for all their vehicles. Or bring back the bus, but make it a TDI with the EXACT same look as before... maybe, maybe a retro-future look, but definately diesel.

·
Registered
7,917 Posts
We just recently sold my Wife's VW Golf. They are great cars when they are running and that little 2.0 4cyl completely hauled ass and got 40-45 MPG while doing it. When something happens though is when it gets expensive. I found that a lot of people in my area didn't like working on them and the ones that did charged outrageous labor charges to match the expensive ass parts.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Buying a new car to have a more reliable or more comfortable car is ok in book, but buying a new car to save gas money does not make sense. You just spent how much on the new car? and you still need to add fuel, granted it will be about half, but the 1k you just saved in gas was killed by the 3k a year payment for a new car.
Grats on the new ride just the same, there is nothing like owning a new car.

·
RIP Spring Creek Off Road
6,012 Posts
Buying a new car to have a more reliable or more comfortable car is ok in book, but buying a new car to save gas money does not make sense. You just spent how much on the new car? and you still need to add fuel, granted it will be about half, but the 1k you just saved in gas was killed by the 3k a month payment for a new car.
Grats on the new ride just the same, there is nothing like owning a new car.
3k a month... i seriously doubt that... he'd have it paid off in 9 months lol

·
Registered
408 Posts
3k a month... i seriously doubt that... he'd have it paid off in 9 months lol
Yes, I did make a booboo there, lol I ment 3k a year. Sorry been going through a move here and getting all the financing set on a monthly basis has me on the month to month thought process at the moment.

·
Premium Member
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Here it is. I'll put up some more when I can get some better ones. Put about 300 miles on it since friday afternoon. My main reasons for getting it was the reliability and comfort. So far I'm really impressed with it. Its A LOT faster than what I'm used to with the bronco. It sits on 17" wheels, the lower profile tires sure handle like a dream and the suspension is tight. I dread the day when I have to work on anything under the hood, you can only see one pulley for the serpentine belt. I'm going to tint the windows hopefully soon.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Thats a nice car man, congrats. I feel the same way. I'm saving now for a motorcycle to start riding back and forth. I'll only drive the bronco on rainy/REAL cold days.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts