Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Full Of Rowdy Drunks
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all! It's been a couple years since I've posted...or really even visited. So for those of you still around to remember me, and those who are new, here is a quick run down:

Live in the great state of Wershingtun (Washington)! Sure do love it here! I have owned my bronco, Magnus, for over 10 years and she has changed a teeny bit since the purchase date. At the current state, she is parked in the garage waiting to get an over haul. I am tinkering around with the idea of a stroker build out of my current 302, or seeing if I can find a good 351...or 460 I can swoop in and do a mild build out of? I don't have to worry about getting her back on the road anytime soon, so I have time and options. I did a SAS (and I don't mean the Sasquatch package) on her about 5 years ago? I can't complain. Went the route of an 8 lug 44 out of an F250, which had a "F350" badge... so it was an accident more than anything, wanted that 1ton! But she rolls on a 44/60 set of axles, 5.13 gears, locked and a set of 37s. I have sliders to melt on, just haven't done it yet!

Right now, the big problem is rust! It's truly cancer of the vehicle! I am looking into replacing the doors, tailgate and the rain gutters (can't think of their proper name at the moment) over the doors. Then a paint job to match all new panels.

Enough about me... some pics:

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Land vehicle

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Land vehicle

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Car Vehicle

Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Wheel Tire Car

Forgot to mention... Wife got herself a First Edition 2021 Bronco, I got my truck back...So Maggy can get her love!
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Land vehicle
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Land vehicle
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Car Vehicle
Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Wheel Tire Car

·
Super Moderator
29,437 Posts
Yo J,
Welcome home!
Right, rust sucks! We replaced 1/4 panel & t/g sections so far.
As a refresher: here's the 86 Bronco Dealer Brochure at 1983 Ford Bronco 86 Bronco Brochure Photos pictures, videos, and sounds | SuperMotors.net

1986 EVTM - Gary's Garagemahal (the Bullnose bible) by Ford via Gary

1985-1986 Fuel System Adjustments by Ford via Gary

1986 Bronco Operating Guide by Ford via Gary @ 1983 Ford Bronco Manuals & Pamphlets (Scanned) picture | SuperMotors.net

1986 Owner Guide by Ford via Gary

1986 Exterior Colors by Ford via Gary

1986 Bronco Accessories Catalog by Ford via Gary. @ 1986 Ford Light Truck Accessories Brochure

1980-86 Pickup Fasteners by Ford via Gary, but mostly for front clip

1986 Bronco Rapid Specs Guide by Ford via Gary @ 1986 Ford Light Truck Accessories Brochure

1986 Color & Trim Selection Options by Ford via Gary

Haynes Red Manual for 80-95 Bronco & F Series @ Hanes guide 80-96 bko f series.pdf via member BroncMom

To discuss any issues, it's better to post each seperately in Noobie section. This will get more attention and you can build up your post count to get into other sections such as Bronco and Ford Parts/Accessories that require 50 posts to buy, sell or trade due to scammers who preyed on our members too many times.

Forum FAQs includes for example, Hot to Use Search. How To Save (Bookmark) Threads Or Posts, How To Upload Images To Posts and more tips!

Baba Looey's Favorite FSB Links (lots and lots of tech links) including, "how do I get the tailgate glass to...", etc

Vote in our current Full-Size of the Year Contest and in the next Full-Size of the Month Contest @ Voting
Prizes are awarded to the winner; a full spread in Bronco Driver Magazine is the top prize, in addition to a years subscription, once the article is submitted; & a years worth of premium FSB membership.
Al

·
Registered
53 Posts
Quite the pair of Broncos you got there! I love the color of the First Edition Bronco.

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
16,571 Posts
Welcome back! You must be running a VPN cause the website thinks you are in Japan lol.

Bronco looks good. Mine is in the process of rusting too. Its a damn shame!

·
Resident Nice Guy
2,406 Posts
What a nice looking ride. On a related note, I would be such a more sad dude if I lived in a state sufficiently north to make vehicles disposable.

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
38,376 Posts
That's a coastal issue... not so much a PNW issue but I digress. Welcome home @JGR 🍻

·
Full Of Rowdy Drunks
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's great to be back. Been working a ton so I haven't started back on her.

The rust isn't horrible, but now that we have a couple vehicles to bounce around in it is definitely something I want to address.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts