Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it's not ideal, but can you reuse the front wheel seals?

They were out at the parts store, so I was wondering if I could reuse them.

Thanks!

Oh, and as this is my first post, I look forward to joining this group. I've been lurking for a while, and just bought my first Bronco, I've already seen a ton of good info. A 1988 XLT, 5.8L, auto, 140k.

·
Premium Member
5,105 Posts
I know it's not ideal, but can you reuse the front wheel seals?

They were out at the parts store, so I was wondering if I could reuse them.

Thanks!

Oh, and as this is my first post, I look forward to joining this group. I've been lurking for a while, and just bought my first Bronco, I've already seen a ton of good info. A 1988 XLT, 5.8L, auto, 140k.
Could or should?? ;)

Personally, I wouldn't unless I was in a pinch. If you HAVE to drive it immediately, or are on a trail or something like that, you can. If you can wait until the store can get them in, wait. I would hate to do all that work then have to do it again a week later because a seal was damaged and you have to replace it. They are cheap and IMO, just not worth an unnecessary risk...

·
Premium Member
5,105 Posts
Thanks man!

That's what my gut was telling me, but the dumbass part of my brain was saying, "It'll be alright."
Well, it might be alright, but why risk it if you don't have to?? If they were expensive, I would say they are worth testing to see, but they are too cheap to take the risk on the time and effort you will have to spend changing them if they fail...

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
True. I'm just going to wait until they come in. Thanks for the input. Probably saved me some hassle.
If they're in good shape you can re-use them but it's not ideal. It's not much work to change them out anyway.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts